Ohio-Northeast
Options

BEWARE AOL

Hello,
   I am a recent bride that just used All Occasion Limo's. We rented a hummer limo based on the awesome pictures on their site for our wedding. First off- The limo that came was not the limo pictured AT ALL! It was very old and had a home AC unit installed in the very back instead of real AC. It looked really beat up on the inside. We came out after our ceremony and jumped in the limo as a bride and groom and literally drove about 10 ft before it all of a sudden broke down in front of all of our guests. Now....I understand mechanical problems happen. We were told they were going to send a mechanic or a new limo whatever came first. 3 hours later!!!!!....... All limos were out so they didn't send any.....the mechanic came and he knew very little of what he was talking about. My father is a professional mechanic that works on cars and semi trucks all the time....he tried to help the mechanic who was not listening to anything he was saying and apparently had little mechanical knowledge based on what he was saying. When asked if they are going to bring us a taxi....we told we were going to have to wait until this was cleared and approved by upper management(this was after waiting three hours mind you.....this should have been the first thing they did after realizing no other limos were available). We had to call guests to leave our reception and come pick up our 18 person bridal party as we were late. Because of this I missed my off-sight photos and was late to the reception. We were told to call the place on Monday to discuss everything and we strongly said NO. You call us as it was your mistake. Guess what..........Two days later.........No phone call.....No credit on the credit card. I will be calling tomorrow but I wanted all brides to know and keep this in mind when booking through this company as I booked it after hearing positive reviews.

Re: BEWARE AOL

• Options
    wesbride11wesbride11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG I just read your post and all I could do was...well my mouth just dropped.  WTF???!!!!  I can not even imagine what was going through your head when all this happened.  I am so sorry and I will make sure NOT  to use this company and I will make sure to spread the news around.  VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.  Again so sorry this happened to you and hope you get it straightened out.  Good luck.

Kim
    June 24, 2011...the day I marry my best friend
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that you had an inconvenient experience with them. I must say that in my 6 years of being on the knot, this is the FIRST bad review of them I've ever heard or read.

Hopefully, they'll make it as right as they can when you call. I'm sure this is their 'busy season' and it sounds like somebody slipped up somewhere along the way. Good luck with your call and please let us know how the resolution goes. I wonder what the 'rest of their story' is.

Personally, I wouldn't totally trash a company based on ONE incident, but that's just me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've read others before but for the most part it's always been positive. I was shocked to see how unprofessional everything was handled from everyone including the driver, mechanic and owner. I have called and left a message and i'm still waiting to hear back from them. I will gladly post the results and what they state is their side of the story. I'm usually not the type to either and I can understand mechanic issues but when it was one thing after another I had to post something.
  • Options
    starshine985starshine985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wesbride - please do not discount this company.  As pp said, this is the first bad review I have ever heard about this company.  In fact, I used them for my wedding and had no issues whatsoever.  I know there is something in the contract regarding the limos breaking down and you're not necessarily guaranteed a replacement (as op stated, they were completely booked that day).  Just make sure to go and look at the limos prior to booking - one cannot book based simply on a picture (though to have a picture that far off from the actual product is just bad business).

As for stoffbride, I truly hope that this all gets resolved in your favor.  It's such a terrible thing to have happen on your wedding day and, personally, would make me want to cry.  Please let us know what happens!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were determined to not let it ruin our day. We just had to adjust and take all of our pictures at the church. I left a message at 10AM this morning and they have now closed for the day (5pm) and I've yet to hear from them. Will post when I finally get ahold of them.
  • Options
    mamboqueenmamboqueen member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    OMG   How terrible! So sorry you went through this
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well after several days of phone calls I finally received a phone call back. I was told that I would receive the full refund for the vehicle and she would get back to me about compensation. We left for our honeymoon and upon returning we had two things in our mail. One- A refund for the full amount of the cost of the limo that we already paid. Two- A letter explaining that they tried to fix the limo and because their mechanic/shop was so far away it took a while to get to the church location and they tried contacting other places but everyone was booked. They apoligized for not getting back to us on Monday and said that by the time the Limo driver got ahold of me(which I was at the church the entire time so I'm not quite sure why this took him three hours) I had already made other arrangements. So all in all a full refund and a letter of apology was the end result ladies. Just wanted to let you know how everything turned out....I'm still receiving letters from my vendors reguarding the issue as they want to know the result for referrals as to what compensation they offered. I'll let ya know if anything changes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards