New Jersey

Crystal Springs Resort vs Lake Valhalla Club

Hi everyone!

My fiance and I are considering the Lake Valhalla Club and Crystal Springs Resort (I think were leaning toward Black Bear Golf Club). We're touring both venues this weekend, but we need to make a decision quickly since we're hoping to have the wedding in May 2016. Has anyone attended a wedding at either of these venues? They both look beautiful, but I'm wondering how the service and the food are. Thanks all!

Re: Crystal Springs Resort vs Lake Valhalla Club

• I have been to Lake Valhalla for a wedding, and Crystal Spring during the summer just for fun.  About 2 years ago I went to 4 weddings in a span of 6 months. The winner was Lake Valhalla, hands down. The whole reception was beautiful and fun, and the cocktail food was awesome! It really was the best wedding I've ever been to.
  • I went to a wedding at crystal springs this past summer.. Thumbs down. 1. There was
    like two things for cocktail hour and it was in a hot rotunda and everyone was sweating. 2. The ballroom was nice but it's right next to their "pub" so al the men kept leaving to watch games that were on. And the dinner was just ok... They didn't have a dessert table.. It was literally like a few small bites of different things on a plate set at your table to share.... Needless to say we left hungry.  3. The rooms- with a group discount were $330 per night. A little excessive. 

I I know the couple paid a tonnnnnn for their wedding - at least 150 per person and for that price you should have at least had a good cocktail hour.

its a beautiful resort .. But you don't get to enjoy any of the amenities unless you stay for two days because check in is at 3, wedding is at 5 and check out is at noon.  I'd say skip it and visit another day.  Look at the Addison park in key port nj. Georgeous. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards