Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

ceremony music problems

I am having the toughest time deciding on ceremony music. I do not like it when the music that plays while the bride walks down the isle fades out, making it so that you barely here the song. To me the efffect is not great. Does anyone else feel the same way? What are some ways to get around this? If you play a whole song and wait until the end to walk out, will the guest be bored or craning their necks to see the bride? I need advice!

Re: ceremony music problems

• bethcarriebethcarrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you using recorded music, or will you have live musicians?
  • phelene1phelene1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Get a great singer to do the song and then no one will be bored.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Emily,

If you hire live musicians, you should not have this problem.  In fact, I've never heard of musicians fading out when the bride is walking!

I wonder, however, if you're talking about the problem of playing the same piece while everyone walks and then as the bride enters, the "main material" has already been played and no one expected her! If this is indeed the case, you can certainly arrange to have a separate song for the bride. I have done this before and it's quite successful. Remember, good live musicians can always tailor your songs to the length of the processional. This is usually not a problem.

For some more ideas, please visit my site below.

Daniel Broniatowski, D.M.A.
    Elegant Music for All Occasions
    www.maestromusicians.com
  • edited December 2011
    Most good wedding musicians will have standard abbreviated versions of the entire pieces for processionals. Just ask them to make sure to finish at the end of a phrase on tonic, NOT fade out. It will sound more final.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards