Wedding Party
Options

Wedding party colors...help a girl out!

Problem: my dress is pure white satin with silver beading, therefore I must wear silver jewelry/shoes (sadly not the glitter gold shoes I love on Pinterest!). I planned to have neutral and gold be my wedding colors, but now I'm wondering if it will clash with the silver tones I'll have to wear. It's an end of summer wedding and outdoors, so I don't want any dark colors. I also wanted the groom/groomsmen in a dark grey. The neutrals and gold and grey go well together (as my Pinterest boards can attest) but now I'm wondering if it clashes too much with the formality of the silver and white. Suggestions?

Re: Wedding party colors...help a girl out!

• Options
    I also don't get why you can't wear gold shoes. Gold and silver are both neutrals. Many women now wear two or even three tones of jewelry at the same time.
  • Options
    I replied on your other post on Attire. I truly don't believe you will clash. 

• Options
    I also don't understand why you can't wear gold shoes? NO ONE will see your shoes. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Well I just keep reading that gold works with more off white and ivory, and pure bright white best complements silver. But my main concern is having my maids in a champagne/beige/gold color or not?
  • Options
    Well I just keep reading that gold works with more off white and ivory, and pure bright white best complements silver. But my main concern is having my maids in a champagne/beige/gold color or not?
    None of the colors you have mentioned will clash with any of the other colors you have mentioned.

I think the decision should be based more on the fact that not everyone looks good (read: washed out) in champagne/beige/gold.
  • Options
    None of the colors you have mentioned will clash with any of the other colors you have mentioned.

I think the decision should be based more on the fact that not everyone looks good (read: washed out) in champagne/beige/gold.
    How about add grey and silver to your colors. Then your bridesmaids can pick which one suits them better? I look much better in greys and silvers but my mom looks better in champagnes and golds. I think since they go together it'd look fine and tie in with your dress. Perhaps you could wear some two-toned gold and silver jewelry with your dress to tie it in better.

Or if your bridesmaids are ok with neutrals then just keep your vision as it is. I really think you're overthinking it. Your dress will look fine with the neutrals and gold.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Literally all of these colors are neutrals and therefore go with anything.
  • Options
    Mixed metals is on trend. Nothing you mentioned sounds like it will clash.
  • Options
    I wore peacock blue heels, and that had nothing to do with my dress or bridal party colors.   Nobody saw them, and I still wear them. 
  • Options
    Silver and gold tones will go fine. All neutrals. 

I mix my metals all the time. In fact, my watch is alternating silver and gold links. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards