South Carolina-Charleston

All-inclusive venue?

Hey ladies!  I am newly engaged and still have that deer in the headlights thing going on BUT am starting to consider venues for our wedding and need advice.  Neither of us are from Charleston, but it's a good midway point for our families and we love it there.  It looks like there's some really amazing plantations and venues.  Does anyone know if a venue where I could do the ceremony, reception, AND have some accommodations for the bridal party to spend the night?

I'd appreciate any advice or ideas y'all have!

Re: All-inclusive venue?

• Hi Rachsails!  If you check out Charleston County Parks for venues they are affordable and ones at James Island County parks has cottages and campsites your guests can use.  Hotels will be able to do an all inclusive option also!  I am a wedding coordinator in the area and would love to help you out.  Please see my website at www.sweetgrassbridal.net
  • @rachsails

It's been a while since you posted, but I live in Charleston and decided to get married outside of Charleston due to cost (and a few other factors). I have a small budget ($8K ideal, but looking like it'll be $10K).

Check out Tides Hotel on Folly Beach, but I recommend in middle of the week in the off season...not only because of cost. First, the off season (I think) starts after Labor Day or maybe Oct 1, but it's warm and nice weather until easily end of November. The off season means the beach and hotel/bar will be less populated, if you'd like a more intimate atmosphere. The off season should also mean better prices.

Tides has really awesome staff/services, food/drinks, beach front view, etc. Blu is the only bar on Folly Beach, so if you have a patio rehearsal dinner, you basically eat on the beach. There would be places for you all to stay, have the ceremony and the reception.

Also, outside of Tides, there are a lot of hotels downtown on the peninsula that do all inclusive weddings. I don't know any specifics, but they're out there. If you get married downtown, keep in mind College of Charleston is downtown. I'd avoid a wedding on King Street rush week lol!

Best of luck!!
  • Duvall catering does almost everything and are very reasonable. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards