Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Aisle runner outdoors?

I'm stumped thinking about an aisle runner/decor for our outdoor ceremony. The wedding is on a hill and is often times pretty windy, so anything light or even flower petals are a no go. What suggestions do you have for defining the aisle without a typical runner? 

Re: Aisle runner outdoors?

• When you set up the chairs, leave an aisle between them. If you want to get fancy, put a flower arrangement on either side of the start of the aisle. 
    lyndausvi
  • lyndausvilyndausvi Western Slope, Colorado mod
    Moderator Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its
    When you set up the chairs, leave an aisle between them. If you want to get fancy, put a flower arrangement on either side of the start of the aisle. 
    this

We had a beach buckets with flowers lining the aisle.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • climbingsingleclimbingsingle NYC 'burbs member
    10000 Comments Seventh Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    I got married outside in a garden, so I didn't add any decorations. I didn't have an aisle runner or any floral decorations added - just chairs and an aisle. It was nice to save money there, TBH. But you could definitely add some potted flowers or plants to define the aisle. 

amandaplz
  • Potted plants, I love that idea! I've been trying to think of ways to incorporate lots of plants. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards