Wedding Reception Forum

Rustic Vision, ballroom venue?

My fiance and I have always envisioned a rustic theme but upon deciding to plan our wedding in Connecticut from Georgia (so our families can attend), the best venue option both price-wise and planning-wise (most things included like catering, event coordinator, etc.) is a ballroom setting.
It's not really what we had in mind but I really like everything about it other than the ballroom style. It also has some waterfront parts.
What do you guys think for rustic touches in a ballroom setting? Farm venue is our top choice.

Re: Rustic Vision, ballroom venue?

• When I think of a typical ballroom I really think of a more glamorous wedding. I think the two styles would clash and wouldn't end with a good result. Rustic themes are best suited for outdoor or barn venues. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would agree, I had ideas for decorations when I was looking at ballrooms, then once we booked our venue I had to change them to suit.  I'm so glad I didn't buy anything!  
  • Thanks for your input guys! We're still pulling really hard for the rustic barn venue. :)
  • If you can't change your venue, I honestly don't think it would be too out of place if you did lantern type centerpieces and décor. Stuff like this:

• I think you could do it if you're creative.  I'd do darker linens rather than crisp white.  Centerpieces including wooden plates or wooden candle holders.  I guess it kinda depends on what you consider rustic.  And maybe you can take some wedding day pictures in front of a barn or in a field and go ahead and have the reception at the ballroom.
  • Maybe select flowers that you see in a specific rustic setting for decorations?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards