May 2016 Weddings

Favors for guests

hello all!
I was wondering what couples are doing for wedding favors? Are you giving a little gift to your wedding guests? If so what? I'm not sure what to spend. 

Re: Favors for guests

• If we do favors, we'll be doing Lindt truffles. You can buy them in bulk for pretty inexpensive prices. I would not spend more than a dollar PP on favors. 

My thoughts with favors is that edible is always the way to go. 

You don't have to have favors though, if you would rather spend money on something else. Yea it's nice to have them but at the end of the day most people leave them behind or forget about them anyway. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We decided to skip favors.  I can't imagine anyone will walk away thinking 'great wedding but where was my random favor I have no use for'.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @falsara I like the idea of edible favors! I had looked into stadium cups that you can put different sayings on and people can use them over and over again. They're pretty cost effective too...I just haven't decided whether or not I'm going to get them for sure.

Here's the link http://myweddingreceptionideas.com/12_oz_personalized_plastic_stadium_cups.asp

• @falsara I like the idea of edible favors! I had looked into stadium cups that you can put different sayings on and people can use them over and over again. They're pretty cost effective too...I just haven't decided whether or not I'm going to get them for sure.

Here's the link http://myweddingreceptionideas.com/12_oz_personalized_plastic_stadium_cups.asp

Those are cute!  One of the reasons were doing edible ones is that, if any of them are left behind (which I've seen happen at every wedding I've been to) I can eat them myself and I don't have 50 something coasters I don't really have room for. 

I also really like chocolate though so it's a purely selfish reason. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We're doing a mish-mosh of things because of our theme: photobooth with magnet holders, koozies and matchbooks. Guests will also have the option of taking home cookies and brownies from the dessert bar.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing antique looking keys that are bottle openers. It goes with our theme. :-)
  • falsara said:

@falsara I like the idea of edible favors! I had looked into stadium cups that you can put different sayings on and people can use them over and over again. They're pretty cost effective too...I just haven't decided whether or not I'm going to get them for sure.

Those are cute!  One of the reasons were doing edible ones is that, if any of them are left behind (which I've seen happen at every wedding I've been to) I can eat them myself and I don't have 50 something coasters I don't really have room for. 

I also really like chocolate though so it's a purely selfish reason. 

I'm with you on the bolded! That's awesome! Maybe I'll have to rethink my favors!
  • We have a candy bar... At each seat there will also be a shot glass filled with custom M & Ms, and also bookmarks that FGMIL has handmade. 
  • We aren't doing favors per se...we are having a small wedding with just immediate family.  Im making everyone a large welcome basket stuffed with goodies from our wedding destination instead.

I was at a wedding once where they gave out $1 scratch-off lotto tickets.  They were a hit.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards