Attire & Accessories Forum

Is a blue wedding dress too daring?!

So I'm already getting a ton of heat from both sides for completely downsizing the wedding to immediate family only as well as destination (New Orleans). I've been looking at ivory colored dresses (not wedding dresses) and came across this one that I love. Am I crazy? How much more will everyone dislike me come the wedding day! 

Re: Is a blue wedding dress too daring?!

• Why would anyone dislike you for wearing a blue dress? Don't be so dramatic. People wear colored dresses all the time to get married in. If you love the dress, wear it. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • No one is going to dislike you for wearing a blue dress. Just wear whatever you want. 
  • Nope. Another Knottie (@phira) wore a gorgeous navy blue evening gown as her wedding dress. Nobody is going to dislike you because of your gown choice...

• That's a beautiful dress.  My local Knot magazine also featured a bride in a flower patterned, colorful dress.  I can't imagine anyone being angry about what you chose to wear.

You may want to seek out advice for the DW flack you state you're getting though.
  • Go for it!

That is a beautiful dress. 

A childhood friend of mine (who I know this about, as we later became FB friends), had a private destination wedding somewhere tropical. She wore a pink floral dress. Looked lovely! 
  • I can see more traditional family members clutching their pearls over the choice, but who cares? It's a garment on your body. No one has a say in your wedding dress but you. I think it's fabulous. 

• Blue is a very traditional color for a wedding dress.  White wedding dresses have only been around for about 174 years.  Before that, blue was the preferred color.  "Married in blue - your love is true", said the old rhyme.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I went to a wedding several years ago where a bride wore a blue dress and while I thought it was different, I could tell that the bride was over the moon in love with it and therefore looked amazing. For your attire, just make sure you are happy and comfortable. Happy planning!

• That is soooo beautiful!!!
  • it's beautiful and as long as your future husband and you are happy, go for it!
  • I haven't gone shopping yet, but I'm thinking pink chiffon for my wedding dress.  I will tell nobody because my family will be like yours.  But on the day of, they won't give a flying fig since it'll be my wedding day and too late to try to talk me out of it.  And, of course, I'll look hot so why would they try?
  • It's your wedding! Wear whatever you want! You will look beautiful!
  • CMGragain said:
    Blue is a very traditional color for a wedding dress.  White wedding dresses have only been around for about 174 years.  Before that, blue was the preferred color.  "Married in blue - your love is true", said the old rhyme.
    This is true! White is pretty new, before that blue wedding dresses were the norm.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• CMGragain said:
    Blue is a very traditional color for a wedding dress.  White wedding dresses have only been around for about 174 years.  Before that, blue was the preferred color.  "Married in blue - your love is true", said the old rhyme.
    Correct, it was Queen Victoria who started the fashion for white dresses.
  • That is a gorgeous dress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards