Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Allure Gown Timeline

My daughter bought a gown from Allure last June and the bridal shop still hasn't got it yet. Does anyone know how long it takes? Thanks in advance. 

Re: Allure Gown Timeline

• Options
    Most shops will tell you 6-8 months. What did the shop say the time frame was when your daughter bought it?
  • Options
    I got my Allure gown in 6 days, but that is extremely atypical. Like @justsie said, the time frame most shops will give is 6 to 8 months. I'm curious the timeline the shop gave you?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    They told us it would be at the shop in December. 
  • Options
    If they told you December and you still haven't heard anything I would say it's time for a call to the store. My allure gown came in within the timeline they gave me (purchased in July, told 6-7 months, came in December). Have you contacted them yet? If not I'd say it's time to do so. 
  • Options
    If it's February and still no gown, I'd definitely give them a call or swing by the shop. Good luck!

• Options
    When I ordered my Allure dress in May my salon told me 7 months. Mine actually came in 2 weeks, but as hellohkb said that is very atypical. I would definitely call. 
  • Options
    I actually had this experience with my Maggie Sottero gown. It was over a month late (9 months at that point and about 6 weeks out from my wedding) and I started freaking out. I called the shop, and their response was "It will come when it comes"

It's my understanding that a lot of bridal salons will delay shipping from a manufacturer until they can get enough dresses that they ordered all in bulk to justify shipping costs. This may or not be your situation but just worth mentioning.

H ended up calling the manufacturer directly and they shipped it out next day. If the bridal salon happens to give you the runaround it's worth a try to attempt going over their heads.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    yeah i would be calling them demanding answers telling them where is my dress you could also contact the designer via their facebook page and let them know salon is giving you a hard time. you won't get there direct line as the only way to contact a designer is through the bridal salon 
  • Options
    Called the shop today.  Apparently they emailed my daughter back in October to tell her the dress arrived. She may have deleted it accidentally. In any case, we're much relieved and I thank all of you for your help. 
  • Options
    SanSmith2 said:
    Called the shop today.  Apparently they emailed my daughter back in October to tell her the dress arrived. She may have deleted it accidentally. In any case, we're much relieved and I thank all of you for your help. 
    I'm glad to hear it!!

• Options
    they let her know via email and then she didn't respond and they didn't call her i find that odd but glad that the dress is in and you can start alterations 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards