Wedding Woes

Thursday

I am in the middle of a week of super intensive training, like 10+hour days. Today is a discussion about legal considerations of writing massive corporate contracts for various services. Yay? 

Re: Thursday

• I just started a Thursday post, I will C&P:

Happy almost-Friday, everyone.  What's going on today?

It's finally warming up again here, and I am so happy.  We're probably going hiking somewhere this weekend (which is supposed to be even warmer), we're debating where right now. 

DS is into the regularly-scheduled tantrum phase of the terrible twos now.  My entire life is Reasons My Kid Is Crying right now.  This morning alone was:  the oatmeal bar is sticky; not those pants, dinosaur (pajama) pants; das not a pull-up, das a diaper (it was a pull-up).  I told DH you know how they used to give those formula samples w/coupons during prenatal visits?  They need to start sending them for wine once the kid turns two.

I am already well into planning the birthday mountains trip, and disproportionately excited.  I think I'm mentally compensating for having to cut last weekend's trip short. 

And finally, DH and I got into the dumbest argument last night.  We were talking about Black History Month at school, and for some reason he said something about Bill Cosby and Clarence Thomas.  And I snorted and said "Two of my favorite sexual harassers."  And he said "What has Clarence Thomas ever done?"  I was like, are you fucking kidding me right now?  And he was like "I don't keep track of every little thing" and I was like "No shit, but this was national news for what, weeks?  Months?"  And LSS, I was more emphatic than I needed to be, and so he in turn was dismissive ("Eh, who cares who said what?"), and it took several minutes to come to our senses.
  • @Heffalump, you and Mr. Heffa live my life sometimes.  DH and I get in really stupid arguments like that.  

It's...Thursday.  Meh.  Still have my stupid cough, but it's improving.  Still not feeling 100%.  I just want to shake off the dregs of the yuck. 

This weekend we have FIL's bday.  A bunch of family is coming in for it.  I hope it's busy enough and we have enough fun that he's not too sad.  I know he's in another down swing where he's struggling.  

Hopefully Sunday, we can just kick back and relax.
  • I'm going to my first slam poetry event tonight, so I'm excited.  Living downtown is awesome b/c there's always something going on, but so many events revolve around alcohol.  My circle of friends wants to start going out to things that aren't just about alcohol, which I fully support and share in.  So, this is exciting for multiple reasons.  

I'm so ready for the weekend.  My allergies are on fire right now, b/c the tree pollen is so high.  This is about a month and a half early too.  My allergy meds don't seem to be keeping up.  I'm reluctant to up the dosage because it leaves me kinda drowsy.  And I have NO plans for the weekend (I had something get canceled), so I am going to lounge in my blow up couch (#divorceproblems), watch movies, snuggle, and eat popcorn.
  • Update: one of the external corporate lawyers looks like a little like chubby Saul Goodman. 
  • Happy Almost Friday Everyone.
    We are going to FH's mom's this weekend. I told his sister I would help her paint the kids' playroom and FH has to fix the computer he bought them for x.mas. It has been nothing but problems since he opened the box, lol. 

FH is leaving for the UK next friday. He purposely booked a longer trip so I might join him but I can't make it work without making it more stressful than enjoyable. He doesn't realize it yet but he is going to miss my birthday. Idk how I feel about it yet or what I am going to do.

I have plans to start prepping our garden while he is away. He will be gone a total of 3 weekends so hopefully I will accomplish a lot. Though I also plan on binging Downton Abbey or Better Call Saul so we will see.
  • I'm really enjoying Better Call Saul.  It's slower than Breaking Bad was; I think the writing and acting are better.
  • VarunaTT said:
    I'm really enjoying Better Call Saul.  It's slower than Breaking Bad was; I think the writing and acting are better.
    UO: I didn't really like Breaking Bad. I got to maybe the 3rd season and was like these people are too much drama and making poor life decisions. I couldn't feel bad for any of them anymore and had to stop watching. 
  • ThxSugar said:
    VarunaTT said:
    I'm really enjoying Better Call Saul.  It's slower than Breaking Bad was; I think the writing and acting are better.
    UO: I didn't really like Breaking Bad. I got to maybe the 3rd season and was like these people are too much drama and making poor life decisions. I couldn't feel bad for any of them anymore and had to stop watching. 
    Well, that was kind of the point.  They "broke badly".  Sometimes it got overly dramatic for me, but there were so many things that were so well done. 

When watching Saul, there is an entire scene that's close to 5 minutes long (I went back and watched it again, timing it) that has no dialogue, it's just actors emotions in a specific action sequence.  And it's riveting.  I don't think any show before Breaking Bad had been able to, or even tried, to do shots like that successfully.  The show really trained it's audience how to be an engaged viewer.  

I think Saul has improved on a lot of those things, while staying a bit more grounded than BB was.
  • @VarunaTT maybe I will have to rewatch it someday. Honestly, when I watched it the first time, I was dealing with a lot of IRL drama so maybe I had a low tolerance and judged it too harshly.
  • I think, the part you stopped watching, was also where I took an extended break in watching too.  There was definitely a part where it got on my nerves.  I do think they had one of the best final seasons in TV history (the Ozymandias episode was magnificent) and the finale was perfection.  It hit every single note perfectly without feeling overwrought or playing to the audience.
  • I am tired to the bone today for no reason.  Our coffee mishaps continued again today too.  Dh forgot to put in the coffee and filter so today he got a nice pot of hot water.
  • DK and I binge-watched Breaking Bad on Netflix over a 1-2 month period. We both liked it - we hadn't watched it on TV. We haven't watched Saul, yet, but probably will. I liked the fact that basically none of the characters had any redeeming qualities. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards