Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

HELP! Looking for Hair & Makeup and DJ Suggestions!

I'm planning my October wedding in New Orleans from New Jersey and am running into a lot of the same issues many of us are having.. so many options, which one do I choose?! I am looking for DJ suggestions. This is such a huge part of the wedding and I am nervous to book something merely from seeing reviews online! 

I am also looking for hair/makeup suggestions. I have about 7-8 girls, including myself needing services and would love for the vendors to come to us. Any and all suggestions welcome! Thanks! 

Re: HELP! Looking for Hair & Makeup and DJ Suggestions!

• Options
    Hi! I used to live in New Orleans and am actually in the middle of planning my wedding there. Since no one commented, I thought I would share my recommendation.

One of my closest friends is actually a DJ in the city. His name is Gerardo Montoya but he goes by DJG. He's been DJ'ing for about 10 years now and currently holds a residency at Republic (popular club downtown). He also held a residency at Harrah's night club, Masquerade. He's also probably one of the nicest guys I know and is super easy to work with. I will say he's pretty contemporary when it comes to music, so if you're looking for like the classic wedding Dj (the chicken dance, commentary, etc.) he may not be your guy for that. However, one of the nights he DJs is a throwback night, so he has great range. 

Anyway, let me know if you need more info! 

http://www.itsdjg.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/IITSDJG/
  • Options
    Hi! I'm also planning a wedding in October in New Orleans from Hoboken, NJ. I actually went with a band over DJ so I can't really help you there, but for hair and makeup I would suggest calling a few of the salons in the area you will be prepping for your wedding. I used to go to Paris Parker Aveda (located Uptown) to get my hair done back in high school and thought they did a great job so I reached out to them for bridal hair and makeup and the pricing was excellent! And they will travel to you. I also know Dana at Kenneths does an awesome job with the bridal team there and they also travel. She's done my hair and makeup before. I also recommend using the website proposetome.com. I was able to have MUA and hair stylist contact me directly which saved me a lot of time. I found the stylist I'm using for myself this way. She is quite pricey but does amazin work (oncallstylist.com) so I am using Aveda for my bridal party. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    I used Kiss and Makeup for my hair and makeup, and they did a great job.  They come to you, and are decently priced.  I also really love Dazzle Doll; she is amazing!  I would have hired her, but she was only available on my wedding day for a certain time frame that didn't work with my scheduled time.  I've heard good things about Two Sisters Hair and Makeup as well.  And I love the work of Beauty and Brains Design. 

I've heard good things about Omega Sound for DJ services, as well as Party-Tyme Productions. 

Hope that helps!  I live down here, so if you have any other questions, let me know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards