Honeymoon Discussions

Secrets Aura Cozumel resort experiences? Honeymoon Inc?

Hello! I am new to the community, just got engaged two weeks ago.

I'm trying to figure out where we want to stay for our honeymoon, and the Secrets Aura Cozumel resort looks pretty amazing. I'm booking it on Honeymoon Inc when our wedding date draws closer (it's not until 2017).

Has anyone here ever gone to the Secrets Aura Cozumel resort or had any experience booking an all exclusive honeymoon package on HoneymoonInc.com? They seem to have great deals.

I've been researching a great deal and reading tons of reviews and looking at pictures taken by actual honeymooners (not just relying on promo photos by Secrets).

I have read some bad reviews (regarding construction, the food, ect), but I've also read A LOT of good reviews too! 

So any of you lovely ladies have experience with this resort? Or honeymooninc.com? Or Cozumel in general?

Thank you :smile: 
"But feeeemales are strong as hell~"

Re: Secrets Aura Cozumel resort experiences? Honeymoon Inc?

• msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2016

I've toured the Aura and it's a pretty awesome place. The rooms were beautiful and the lazy river looks really relaxing. I was just in Cozumel a few months ago and had some friends stay there, the complaints mostly had to do with construction, but by then it'd be done. I know Cozumel very well (was married there in 2014) and it's a cool little island. It's very relaxing. There's not much of a party scene in the evening, but there are some great restaurants, and lots of great day time activities. We enjoy scuba diving, snorkeling, sailing, stand up paddle boards (check out Mr. Sancho's!), being beach bums on the white sand beaches of the east side of the island, exploring some of the small ruins, and, for a change of pace, going over to Playa del Carmen for some shopping.

ETA: Can't believe I forgot to mention the Pirate Dinner cruise! So much fun! The food was amazing and the booze was always flowing. A great time.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • I don't know anything about honeymooninc.com, but there are some great deals on just about any travel site. I tend to use CheapCarribean.com, but I've used them for years without a problem.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards