Attire & Accessories Forum

Flower Girl Dress Recommendations

Where did you get your flower girl's dress?  I love this one but of course its from Nordstrom and its $106.  She's 3 - I can't buy a $106 wear one time dress for my 3 year old niece.  Any ideas?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flower Girl Dress Recommendations

• Mine came from Kohls, and was around $40 I think. Easter dresses should be coming out soon, so there should be a lot of great choices there.
  • cgss11 said:
    Mine came from Kohls, and was around $40 I think. Easter dresses should be coming out soon, so there should be a lot of great choices there.
    I'm hoping around Easter we can find something from somewhere like Kohls.  Thank you. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • laurad75 said:
    cgss11 said:
    Mine came from Kohls, and was around $40 I think. Easter dresses should be coming out soon, so there should be a lot of great choices there.
    I'm hoping around Easter we can find something from somewhere like Kohls.  Thank you. 
    I second Kohls.  If you're willing to be flexible on style, post Easter sales plus a Kohls coupon will probably get you a really good deal on a dress.  I think our dresses wound up being $25 each.  But in general the post-Easter, post-First Communion season can be bananas to a get a cute but reasonably priced dress.
    Anniversary

• Our wedding is May 7 - the first Saturday in May which is First Communion for many.  I'm sure there will be a lot of choices but not sure that they will be on sale.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • laurad75 said:
    Our wedding is May 7 - the first Saturday in May which is First Communion for many.  I'm sure there will be a lot of choices but not sure that they will be on sale.  
    Ahhh... maybe a site like Zulily then?  I can't speak from personal experience but a good friend found a very cute dress there for a decent (think <$50) price.  And they tend to be a little ahead of season.
    Anniversary

• I'm pretty sure my FMIL ordered my FG's dress from Zulilly. They have some really cute options with easter just around the corner.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Check out Macy's, with sales/coupons they have some in the 50 range. Kohls has cute dresses too for good prices but none were quite flower girl-y enough
  • I ordered mine on etsy. It was a big rule skirt with a crocheted top, maybe $40? 
  • DD found her flower girl's dress on Amazon for $20. Don't assume that she will only wear it once though. Little girls often like to wear fancy dresses when a grown women wouldn't. DD was a flower girl twice with very fancy dresses. She wore them to church on a regular basis (her choice). I was a flower girl when I was little and wore my dress many times.
  • I fell in love with a flower girl dress in our local mall years before I was engaged, and luckily it was still around the year I got married.  Cost my best friend less than $30. 

Agree to shop local, less expensive and this is time where easter and communion dresses will be found everywhere!  I got my nephew (ring bearer) his suit at Sears at an after Easter sale for $20

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards