Wedding Reception Forum

Question about wine

This may sound like a very silly question to some but I am completely drawing a blank. My wedding reception will be inside a barn, with the cocktail hour being held just outside the barn with lawn games. I was hoping to put the wine glasses on the tables before dinner. The bar area outside will have cups for beer, water, soft drinks, etc. But what about the people who would like wine during this transition time? Is it tacky to have them grab the glass from their table? Or do I need to add some wine glasses to the bar area? 

Again, probably silly question to most but have only attended dry weddings recently or weddings that have had cocktail/dinner in same room.

Re: Question about wine

• Unless you're putting bottles of wine on the table, leave the wine glasses off and then only people who get wine at the bar will need a wine glass.
  • Unless you're putting bottles of wine on the table, leave the wine glasses off and then only people who get wine at the bar will need a wine glass.
    This.  Not everyone will drink wine so putting the glasses on the table will just make for a more crowded table.

• The glasses should always be where the beverages are. You don't take your glass to the beverage. 

If the beverages are at the bar, the glasses should be at the bar. I the beverages are at the tables (either left on the table, or served table-side, like water or wine are at a restaurant) then the glasses should be on the tables.

If you are having wine at the bar, and also wine at the tables, then you need wine glasses in both places. Easiest solution is to just take the wine off the tables and only have it at the bar with everything else. 
  • I'm assuming that you have wine glasses on the table because you'll be having servers pass wine during the meal. If that's the case, you'd still have wine glasses in both places. When the servers come through, they pick up any extra wine glasses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards