Chit Chat

Friday Fails

Happy FriYAY!

Unfortunately, mine's starting off with a bit of a fail. So in my company's kitchen, there's a little table where they keep all the spices. They have everything under the sun. The jars of spice themselves aren't labeled, so it's easy to get them mixed up. Long story short, I wound up accidentally put cumin in my coffee instead of cinnamon. CUMIN.

Now I'm trying to wake up and my cumin coffee is just sitting here, staring me in the face.

Anyone else have a funny fail from this morning/week?? Sharing is caring ;)

Re: Friday Fails

• emmy72emmy72 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2016

@adk19 Ok, your coworker definitely has me beat here...

• emmy7272 said:

Happy FriYAY!

Unfortunately, mine's starting off with a bit of a fail. So in my company's kitchen, there's a little table where they keep all the spices. They have everything under the sun. The jars of spice themselves aren't labeled, so it's easy to get them mixed up. Long story short, I wound up accidentally put cumin in my coffee instead of cinnamon. CUMIN.

Now I'm trying to wake up and my cumin coffee is just sitting here, staring me in the face.

unlabeled spice jars? That's just mean!
  • kvruns said:
    emmy7272 said:

Happy FriYAY!

unlabeled spice jars? That's just mean!
    We once had a salt/sugar mixup at home.  The coffee was ruined that day.
  • @adk19 THAT IS THE WORST.

Side story: once when I was a kid, my parents made maple bread pudding for Thxgiving dessert. Two nights later, while we were making a leftover turkey dish, we added the gravy into the pot and realized something didn't smell right. That's because it wasn't the gravy we added. It was the maple drizzle from the pudding. Game over.

• dyerwise said:
    This morning at work I was talking with someone in a much higher position that I just started working with for the first time; he was thanking me for helping on some projects and put out his hand for a hand shake, but since he was sitting down it was awkward and my brain misinterpreted it as a low five... so I slammed my hand into his but realized right before contact that this was suppose to be a hand shake. So I not only basically slapped his hand, I aggressively shook it. I'm hoping he thinks it was some sort of power move.
    LOLing over here right now. This is 100% something I would do.

• It got worse. He saw me recreating the awkward hand shake while trying to explain to a co worker what happened. I'm done for today. With my luck he probably lurks these boards and has already read this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards