Wedding Party Entrance/Dance

I am trying to figure out all of my music, need help on a few

WP Entrance-Black Eyed Peas "I gotta a feeling"
Our Entrance-Elvis "Little Less Conversation"
First Dance-Harry Connick Jr "It Had to be You"
WP Dance-????
Father/Daughter-Hawiian version of "Over the Rainbow"
Mother/Son-Frank Sinatra "Summer Wind"
Bouquet toss-?Nancy Sinatra "Boots were made for Walking"?
Garter Toss-?Queen "Another one btes the dust" ?

Cake Cutting-Adam Sandler "Grow old with You"
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Wedding Party Entrance/Dance

• Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I say skip the WP dance. It really isn't necessary and it makes many WP members uncomfortable. Your other two songs sound good to me :)

• Options
    Lauren620Lauren620 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp, skip the WP dance.  Your other songs look great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had never though about skipping the WP dance until reading posts saying it on another thread.  And now we have chosen to cut that dance out too.  And truthfully anyone in our WP who we've told has been thankful.  But if you are insistent on having one, I like the song i get by with a little help from my friends.  Not sure the exact title, but I danced to it in a WP before and it was a good choice. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help, sure my WP wouldn't mind skipping the dance all together!  But still might consider it, have time, like the Beatles song idea wanted a friend type song.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The WP dance is so unneccessary.  Unless you're having your WP dance with their own significant others, it's uncomfortable for them to have to dance with someone they don't know well.

It's boring for guests to have to stand through yet another spotlight type dance.  There are already 3 dances where the guests are just standing around.  And honestly, as a guest, have you EVER cared to watch the bride's college roomie dance with the groom's frat brother?

I honestly haven't seen a WP dance in well over a decade.  Just skip it.  Your WP and your guests will all thank you.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm skipping on the WP dance, simply for awkwardness reasons. I don't want to make anyone dance who doesn't feel comfortable, especially with a near stranger. However, because we are not having a Mother/Son dance or a Father/Daughter dance (both his mom and my dad are dead), I think I might have the DJ do something of a "couples dance" where he asks all the couples to come to the dance floor. But besides our first dance, this will probably be the only planned dance.
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_wedding-party-entrancedance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:9f5ea5f4-9048-410e-afd8-91fb5e44dbd5Post:b33d5226-1114-4767-a92a-2a2143c38115">Wedding Party Entrance/Dance</a>:
    [QUOTE] First Dance-Harry Connick Jr "It Had to be You" 
    Posted by Maureen679[/QUOTE]

<div>I love your choice! Harry Connick Jr's voice makes my heart melt. We are debating on a couple first dance songs right now, one of which is a HCJ song. "It Had to be You" is a fantastic song to dance to.</div>
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Cake Cutting-Adam Sandler "Grow old with You"[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Love it!!!  I may steal that idea :-)</div>
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm thinking of skipping this too. One of my bridesmaids will be 16 and my FI's younger brother is in his part of the wedding party and he's going to be 13. Plus, the other four people (mine and his wedding party) don't know each other at all and will probably never meet before the wedding do to distance and such. I thought about doing this but it just seems boring and lame.

I'm also using the Adam Sandler song somewhere!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards