• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Nevada-Las Vegas

meet and greet in large rental home

We are looking at getting a large rental home (VRBO, AirBnb, or the like) for the wedding party and also want to use it for a catered meet and greet of 30 - 50 people. A few questions...

1) How much of an impact is the "€œparty house ordinance?" Do we need to be finding houses that explicitly have the required paper work?

2) Any recommendations on houses and caterers that do private houses?

3) Any tips from others that have done the same?

Thanks!

Re: meet and greet in large rental home

• I know people do it all the time, but having a party at an AirBNB or VRBO house makes me nervous, because quite a few homes on those services are operating without business licenses, proper insurance for a rental property, etc.  All it takes is one slip and fall for a guest to create a real mess for them, you and the property owner.  

If you do consider one of those options, I'd make sure to get all the requisite paperwork from the owner; if they waver at all in providing it, they probably don't have the necessary documents.

I wouldn't worry too much about the party house ordinance because that's between the county code enforcement and the owner of the house.  They're very unlikely to come out and end your party even if the owner is violating that ordinance.  Noise, parking, etc. of course could draw the police out to cause other issues.

Married old Las Vegas hag groom - June 2011

Getting married in Vegas? Start here! [click]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards