New Jersey

Affordable venues in Northern Jersey

I recently because engaged and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any wedding venues for about 100-115 dollars a head? I am looking for a Friday or Saturday wedding .

Thank you!! 

Re: Affordable venues in Northern Jersey

• Is that with tax and fees? I'd tell you where I looked. I was looking at Saturday afternoons, which in some cases is the same rate as Friday nights. Also, I was looking at keeping total costs under $100 pp, so the difference might help you get to Saturday night. And some of these came under that anyway. Not all are necessarily north though (some are in the Monmouth County area, where FI and I are originally from). So much of this depends on the look and feel of what you want, so I have no idea if any of these will appeal to you, though the list of ones we didn't check out definitely varies widely.

Here are the ones we actually saw in person:
    The Tides Estate
    Doolan's Shore Club
    Neshanic Valley
    Channel Club
    Buttonwood Manor
    Graycliff Manor
    Grand Marquis (starts at $115 for Saturday afternoon though)
    The Mill at Spring Lake
    Perona Farms

Others that you might want to check out:
    Sterling Ballroom
    Bridgewater Manor
    Eagle Ridge Golf Club
    Panther Valley Golf Club
    Lakewood Country Club
    Woodcliff Manor
    Jumping Brook Country Club
    Crystal Ballroom
    Basking Ridge Country Club
    Woodlake Country Club
    Farmstead Golf and Country Club

We ended up going with Flanders Valley in Mt. Olive. It's a smaller venue in that there's only one cocktail hour room and one ballroom, so it's one wedding at a time, and it had the outdoorsy look we were going for (i.e., next to mountains and farms and such with outdoor ceremony space). Also, we're only having 75ish people, so we needed places with lower minimums.

Hope that helps! I know it can be super overwhelming, but I promise it's not too bad and once you get the venue booked, everything else is way easier. Good luck!
  • Thank you very much! I will definitely look into these venues! How far in advance do people book a venue? 
  • We booked our venue 22 months in advance.  Thats about typical for NJ.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got married at Mayfair Farms in West Orange and you are around that price range.  We had a great wedding and I would recommend it 100 times over.  We booked like 16 months out.  Best of Luck
  • ldecaro said:
    Thank you very much! I will definitely look into these venues! How far in advance do people book a venue? 
    Well, we got engaged in August and wanted to get married the following fall. We booked in September 2015 for October 2016. Some places were fully booked for Saturdays by then, but many still have some availability. 
  • ldecaro said:
    Thank you very much! I will definitely look into these venues! How far in advance do people book a venue? 
    We booked 9 months in advance.  Really depends on the time of year, the day of the week, the time of the day, etc.
  • we looked at Fiesta, sayen house and garden, and garden vista ballroom
  • Pretty much anything in Northern NJ we looked at was $150+ except for the Graycliff (but it's located in a really bad part of town, hence the lower price). I'd suggest checking out something in Southern NY, as those are a tiny bit cheaper. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards