New Jersey
Options

is $200+ per person the new "norm" for a wedding venue in NJ?

I live in Northern New Jersey, and so far every wedding venue I have seen and/or contacted, has been over $200 a person. Either it is $200 + taxes and fees or its $175-195 plus the fees and taxes, which brings the price over $200. 

We have a 300-350 guest list, and did not think we would have to pay around $200 a person. However, I have yet to come across a venue that is under $180 inclusive. Very frustrating. 

Re: is $200+ per person the new "norm" for a wedding venue in NJ?

• Options
    There are definitely venues under 200 a person, especially if you have it on a Friday night or Sunday! Also, with a guest list that large, you have some bargaining power to bring the price down.
  • Options
    What venues have you looked at?  Are you open to non-traditional wedding venues?  Tell us what your looking for and we can help :)
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Try Rock Island Lake Club in Sparta, NJ...  with some negotiating, I was able to land at $175.00/pp all-inclusive (for a Friday night).  And my wedding was awesome- people are STILL talking about the food!  
  • Options
    I was in a similiar situation, I am also getting married in northern NJ with the same guest list count and found that most of the venues I looked at were 200$+ per person. BUT I have heard of places that are cheaper. If you are looking at places like Venetian, Rockleigh, Westmount and The Grove ( which I'm assuming you are being from that area) then yes it's going to be 200$ plus because those are premiere venues.
  • Options
    Where up north are you? And how far south are you willing to travel? Also, when are you looking to get married, the time of year and day of the week could help you out in lowering that price.
  • Options
    Check out the Indian trail club in Franklin lakes!! They are nowhere near that per person even for a Saturday night!
  • Options
    Some of the more affordable ones located in/near North NJ are 
    • The Graycliff
    • New York Country Club
    • The Bethwood
    • Knoll Country Club
    • The Brownstone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards