New Jersey

Affordable DJ North Jersey

Hey everyone! We've booked for next October at Flanders Valley and are super excited (and relieved)! Now we need to find a DJ. Does anyone have recommendations for affordable (around $1000-1500 for a Saturday 1:00-5:00) DJs in the North Jersey area? Or even recommendations for how to choose a DJ? 

Thanks so much!

Re: Affordable DJ North Jersey

• Does your venue have preferred vendors? I'm getting married in Hackettstown (David's Country Inn), and they gave us a list of vendors who they've worked with a lot before, who know the space, and who have gotten good reviews from past couples. 

I'd ask the venue coordinator if s/he knows anyone they've worked with before in that price range.

If not, David's Country Inn has that list published on their webpage under Vendors - you can at least look and see who they recommend, though I haven't looked into any of their prices yet.
  • I'll pm you some info on the dj we chose. 
  • I just sent you a pm with the DJ my friend had at her wedding last month. He was super affordable and pretty good. His name is Jay green, located in north jersey! Best of luck
  • @nerdwife - I posted on the other board to your question - didn't even catch you were from NJ.  Call Fantasy Productions.  Bob is great.  And definitely within your budget.  I promise you won't be disappointed.
  • Thanks everyone! I'm checking all of these out.
  • I recommend Platinum Entertainment out of Pine Brook, NJ.  Owner/DJ- Joe Giorgio.  He was awesome- and within your pricing.

Good luck!
  • Don't put much stock in preferred vendor lists.  When we looked at The Brownstone  I asked how they chose their preferred vendors.  I was told they pay a fee to be included, then he stopped and changed the subject. My guess he wasn't supposed to say that.

• I am using DJ Chris Mathews - he was the DJ for my sister's wedding, as well as her best friend, and some of my family weddings. He is AMAZING and we just keep recommending him! He is very affordable and within the range you mentioned. He is out of south Jersey but will travel anywhere in the state.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks again for you recommendations! We decided to go with Elite Entertainment - not the cheapest, but also not the priciest, and with 1,000+ positive reviews on wedding wire and how responsive and informative they were, it made sense. 

Thanks again!
  • JCocco219JCocco219 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    @nerdwife , my Fiance works for Elite Entertainment, so we are obviously using them too! They are great! If you have any questions, let me know!
  • We looked at Flander's Valley. We didn't book there, but it was very nice. We did book DJ Arnie from All Around Sound and he was perfect! He played exactly what we wanted and kept people dancing all night. He was wonderful, and very, very affordable.
  • Try Colorblind Productions.  My sister used Rob and I've been to several weddings and they've all been amazing.  Their prices depend on what you want.  Good luck.
  • We booked DTR Entertainment - they do NJ and NY weddings 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards