Chit Chat

Passport question!

They ask "Have you ever been married?"

The answer is no at time of application but yes by the travel dates I provided.  I'm assuming I answer no, right?

Re: Passport question!

• Thanks!  I just wanted to be sure and oddly enough that is not in the FAQ.
  • edited March 2016
    Fun Fact: you can get a replacement passport with your married name on it for free as long as you do apply for the replacement within 1 year of marriage. :)

ETA if you choose to change your name of course

• Fun Fact: you can get a replacement passport with your married name on it for free as long as you do apply for the replacement within 1 year of marriage. :)

Good to know!  I'll have to do that; I'm hyphenating:).
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2016
    Fun Fact: you can get a replacement passport with your married name on it for free as long as you do apply for the replacement within 1 year of marriage. :)

Yes, but this only applies if it's within one year of the passport's issuance. So for the OP, that would be the case (and it's super nice, I didn't have to pay any fees!), but for people who've had theirs for awhile, you'll still have to pay. 
  • Fun Fact: you can get a replacement passport with your married name on it for free as long as you do apply for the replacement within 1 year of marriage. :)

Yes, but this only applies if it's within one year of the passport's issuance. So for the OP, that would be the case (and it's super nice, I didn't have to pay any fees!), but for people who've had there's for awhile, you'll still have to pay. 
    Oops, passport's issuance is what I meant! I shouldn't be knotting before I've had all my coffee.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards