Honeymoon Discussions

Opinions on Jamaica

For our honeymoon this December, we're looking at the three following all inclusives in Jamaica.  If you've been to any of these, I'd love to hear about your experience.

Couples Swept Away, Negril Jamaica
Couples Sans Souci, Ocho Rios
Sandals, Montego Bay

Re: Opinions on Jamaica

• We did Sandal's Ochi Beach resort for our honeymoon and it was amazing!!
  • I've been to Sans Souci. I know the beach is WAY better in Negril, so I'd personally go with Swept Away. Plus, I think Couples will end up being less expensive than Sandals (though, I think Sandals Jamaica pricing is somewhat decent compared to their other properties.)

• We just got back from Couples Negril and it was absolutely amazing. The food was good, staff were super friendly, beach and pools are fabulous. I think it depends on what you want. We wanted a relaxing honeymoon but not in an area that's totally dead. CN was quiet, romantic, and relaxing but we weren't bored. We even got a free couples massage because our travel agent specified that it was a honeymoon and we brought in proof of our recent wedding date.  We can't wait to go back, we plan on becoming regulars and signing up for the return guest program.

I've heard Negril is the more quiet romantic area of Jamaica with less excitement, whereas Montego Bay is partying and fun. I'm not sure if there's truth to that or not though. @Jells2dot0 what are your thoughts?

I'll attach some photos, too

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• What the? One of my pictures cut into my text! Oh well, pretend that didn't happen. I have no clue how to fix it on mobile.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• There are some really nice resorts in Montego, but Negril is more laid back and, like I said, has the nicer beaches. 

• We went to Montego Bay s few years back and were not fans of the beach. It could just be our resort (Riu) but the beach was super seaweedy and just kind of sucked. The upside was it was maybe 10 min from the airport. Hopefully Sandals would be nicer but I would definitely check reviews on beach first 
  • In JA have been to Sandals Negril once ('09), Sandals Whitehouse twice ('14 and '15 obviously we love Sandals Whitehouse) and are headed to Sandals Mobay shortly. For pics and reviews of Negril and Whitehouse go here: http://www.kristiandkerry.com/live/PHP/photoalbum.php
    I will have pics and a review of Sandals Mobay up on that site by mid March if you'd want to check back. 
  • We went to Sandals Ochi for our honeymoon in October and we LOVED it! If you want beaches then it might not be the right fit for you but the pools which is what we prefer were awesome there! A co-worker went to Sandals Negril and loved it, he said the beaches were really nice there. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Swept Away is on by far the best beach. My mom is a travel agent and she has been to every resort on Jamaica (and most of the Caribbean and Cancun). They send her down there for free all the time, and when it comes to her own vacation time and money- she pays to go to Swept Away. So she sent us here and we loved it too.

• If your heart is set on Jamaica then go to Negril
    Spring Break 2013
  • We are going to Sandals, Montego Bay. I know of 4 other couples to have been to Montego Bay for their honeymoons, and have returned again since. My Aunt & Uncle are actually taking their 2nd trip to Montego Bay the week before our honeymoon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just got back from Sandals Montego Bay. We had a great time! I haven't done a review yet but pics can be found here:
    www.kristiandkerry.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards