Chit Chat
Options

Cashmere Sweaters

I was about to buy a JCrew v-neck cashmere sweater online to replace an old one and decided against it after reading reviews about deteriorating quality.  Some JCrew stuff I buy is great, other stuff is much worse than it used to be.

I opted for a Garnet Hill cashmere sweater in a different style -- I've never ordered from this company.   I'm hoping to wear this new sweater year-round.

Where do you all buy cashmere?  Is it reasonable to expect decent quality if I'm spending under $200?  The last few cashmere sweaters I've gotten have been vintage and I'm very happy with the quality, but selection is unpredictable in second hand stores.

Re: Cashmere Sweaters

• Options
    DH gave me one from LL Bean.  It's so cozy.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

I use to buy my cashmere sweaters from Ann Taylor but their quality went down. I still have a black cashmere hoodie with holes that I bought years ago. It's soft and comfortable that I don't want to give it up. So I still wear it holes and all. Their more recently sweaters have been thin and scratchy so I returned them and haven't bought since.

Now, I will buy from Macy's. I don't have a specific brand.

• Options
    Lands End.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I've always been too cheap to buy one.....even when they are $75 at TJMaxx haha

• Options
    I was just debating one for $48 on clearance in Marshalls... can't remember the brand, though!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I find that it really depends on the brand.   J Crew quality varies and I have some that has worn well and items from their Factory line that got holes fast.
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    I bought one from Lands End.  Love cashmere.
  • Options
    I have bought some from Lands End and Talbots. I usually wait until there is a sale at Talbots though.

• Options
    you could try nordstroms as they have an amazing return policy if it turns out to be crap

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards