Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Resolved

Thanks everyone

Re: Resolved

• Options
    I'd be pretty upset if I was the BM that had to wear the tan/nude dress whilst everyone else got to wear nice coral shades. That colour is hard to wear for most people, and I wonder if that is part of the reason your MOH is trying to put you off. Honestly though, it sounds like your BM's have dresses already and the colour scheme is lovely, why not save yourself and your WP the extra headache and leave it there. You can overthink these details that are not as important as pinterest would have you believe. I'd also put the groomsmen in greys as it goes with everything. Your colours sound lovely, move on to the next thing!

• Options
    I've been an indecisive bride from the beginning. I just have a lot of ideas and it's been hard to decide on which ones to incorporate! Recently I had to change my color scheme due to a mishap with the bridesmaid dresses (they weren't going to be available in time for the wedding). I had finally settled on a beautiful raspberry ombre with grey and yellow accents. I ended up going with a coral ombre (guava, coral, and bellini orange) and grey, with yellow accents. However, I found myself missing the depth of the raspberry color. 

I found I really liked the color navy combined with the coral colors. It's not too late to return my maid of honors dress (she's wearing grey) and exchange it for a tan or nude colored dress. My colors would basically be navy, coral, and tan, with just a few yellow accents.  Is that too many? My maid of honor and mother argue it is since it's not "just coral," it's a coral ombre. But I'm sort of sick of being told what to do in my wedding. Am I putting my foot down because I really like this color combo, or trying to spite my family? 

The colors would be the bridesmaids in tan/nude, guava, coral, and bellini, groomsmen in tan suits with the color accents of the opposite bridesmaid, the groom in a navy suit with one yellow accent, and the bride wearing a navy sash with yellow shoes. Too much? Or should I stop worrying since it's my wedding? I love color and I've never shied away from it and I don't care about what's "proper" or "traditional." 

(The other option is to stick with my current color scheme and put the groomsmen in grey with accents, and just put the groom in navy. I just feel like the navy adds the depth of color I'm missing from rhe raspberry.)

Thanks in advance for your help! 
    It sounds to me as if your MOH has already been fairly flexible.  Have you considered the fact that every time your color scheme changes, the bridal party has to keep reinventing what shoes they have to pair with these color changes?  Are they really trying to "tell you what to do" or just encouraging you to make a decision and stick with it?  Does your groom have any voice in what he wants to wear?  It doesn't sound as if he has any say in what he and his GM wear.It's not just "your" wedding.
  • Options
    My bridesmaids have actually been fairly uninvolved until recently cuz half of them don't live here. We haven't even decided on accessories yet cuz no one can agree (I left that decision up to my maid of honor and one of the bridesmaids). And my groom has been pretty okay with me making the bulk of the decisions cuz he doesn't have a lot of wedding experience. We've discussed the grooms outfits and his outfit and he's been happy to wear whatever. I might just change his color and stick to everyone else's colors. Or not change them at all and we'll just get his tux somewhere else (since part of what inspired this was men's wear house didn't carry accessories in a couple colors we needed and only had one good grey tux.) 
  • Options
    I've only been married for a year and half and sometimes I can't even remember what color my MOH wore. My point is, you're stressing very much about that things that ultimately won't matter. I personally can't remember the color schemes at the last 5 weddings I've attended. I think you need to stop changing your mind. 

Also, tan/nude dressing are usually not flattering for anyone. And please don't dictate shoes and accessories to your bridesmaids. 
  • Options
    My bridesmaids have actually been fairly uninvolved until recently cuz half of them don't live here. We haven't even decided on accessories yet cuz no one can agree (I left that decision up to my maid of honor and one of the bridesmaids). And my groom has been pretty okay with me making the bulk of the decisions cuz he doesn't have a lot of wedding experience. We've discussed the grooms outfits and his outfit and he's been happy to wear whatever. I might just change his color and stick to everyone else's colors. Or not change them at all and we'll just get his tux somewhere else (since part of what inspired this was men's wear house didn't carry accessories in a couple colors we needed and only had one good grey tux.) 
    JIC
  • Options
    Let them wear their own accessories.  They don't have to match.  In fact, they shouldn't match since nothing else does.

Also, the guys don't have to match the girls they are matched up with.  That's what people do for prom, not weddings.  I mean, if you already have everything picked out, go ahead.  But if it's giving you a headache to get the exact right suit color to match something, just stop worrying.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards