Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Boots & Sandals

Our groomsmen, the groom, and myself (bride) are wearing boots for wedding day. (Groomsmen are wearing gray suits, bridesmaids are wearing knee-length pink dresses) Not all of my bridesmaids have boots, so I asked them to wear silver/gray sandals of their choice. Will it look weird to have the guys in boots and the girls in sandals? I hate to make the 2 girls that don't have boots buy them, but I want the party to look good.

Re: Boots & Sandals

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    Our groomsmen, the groom, and myself (bride) are wearing boots for wedding day. (Groomsmen are wearing gray suits, bridesmaids are wearing knee-length pink dresses) Not all of my bridesmaids have boots, so I asked them to wear silver/gray sandals of their choice. Will it look weird to have the guys in boots and the girls in sandals? I hate to make the 2 girls that don't have boots buy them, but I want the party to look good.
    Traditionally, suits and dresses are never worn with boots, which are for work or riding.  Sandals are not worn with cocktail dresses, either, though this is a more grey area.  You can do what you want, but this is not standard wedding attire.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I don't mean casual sandals, like nice shoes just not close-toed or flats. More dressy.
  • Options
    Dictating footwear is never a good idea. While you/groom/whomever may wear boots if you so choose, I agree that they do not go with formalwear. That said, I believe one of our groomsman may have worn cowboy boots with his (Western-style) suit. I am not certain because it was and is utterly unimportant.
  • Options
    If the guys already have their boots, they should be fine.  Regarding the women, I would just tell them to wear a nude or black flat or simple heel. I can't tell you the footwear of the women at any of the weddings I've attended.   
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    It will look fine :)

Stick to neutral shoes.
  • Options
    Be careful what you ask for.
  • Options
    I've been to many weddings where the wedding party was in boots (where I live ... lots and lots of cowboys ... real ones!). I think it is great if you can let your wedding party where whatever shoes they want. No one really pays attention to the shoes, and even if they do, it is such a minor thing and matchy-matchy is overdone. 
  • Options
    I think it will look fine, and no one will care or look at their feet and go, "eww, sandals and boots!"

And please don't ask your bridesmaids to buy boots. I was a bridesmaid asked to buy boots. I spent about $115 on a pair of boots I've worn 2-3 times since. That's more than I've spent on any other pair of shoes I own, save one. It was double what I spent on my own wedding shoes!!  I've thought of selling the boots, but I just haven't gotten around to it. I love my sister and it hasn't negatively impacted our relationship (it helps that I didn't have to buy the dress), but I still think about it and get a bit annoyed at spending so much on a pair of shoes I wear once or twice a year. 
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    You know what we don't see enough of at weddings? Crocs. Crocs in bright colors. 
    Oh how I wish they still made the Bistro vent Crocs in bright pink!!!!
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    You know what we don't see enough of at weddings? Crocs. Crocs in bright colors. 
    Once seen it cannot be unseen. I'm quite taken with the gold myself. Adds a certain je ne sais quoi.

• Options
    I think it will be normally, if it will be rather official sandals, why not?!)
  • Options
    I think it will be normally, if it will be rather official sandals, why not?!)

SITB
    I have no idea what you're saying with this
  • Options
    Since everyone else is wearing shoes they own just tell the girls to wear whatever shoes they'd like... I promise you won't even notice that day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Let them wear whatever they like in whatever color they like that goes with the dress.  I'm pretty sure they know how to dress themselves.
  • Options
    Let them decide their footwear. Some of my bridesmaids wore black shoes, some wore red, some wore nude. Red wasn't even a wedding color and it still didn't look bad and I didn't even notice. Nor did my guests.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards