Chit Chat

What's cooking?

edited March 2016 in Chit Chat
 Last night I made baked spaghetti with meatballs and sausage on the side. Tonight it was red beans and rice, potato-broccoli hash, and biscuits. I have training for my weekend job this week, and I wanted to make sure FW and our roommate have good things to eat.

Re: What's cooking?

• We did tacos, cos I work out Monday nights with a trainer, so it's fast.  We cook up some steak and sauce it with salsa in the pan.  Takes about 5 minutes to cook total

• driddrid member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    FI is home, but he's on nights so I let him fend for himself. I meal prepped today for this week, Greek yogurt and frozen berries that I put together in the morning so my berries keep my yogurt cold and I still like them kind of frozen. And then for lunches I put together a huge container of Greek-ish salad, Roma tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and feta... And then I just scoop a container together each morning before I leave. And I keep a bottle of Greek dressing at work. And then for dinners I made maple Chipotle marinated salmon and brown rice. I work super weird hours so meal prepping works really well for me. When FI is actually home and not working nights I make real meals haha.

...apparently I really like Greek food...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mexican stuffed peppers that made last night and enjoyed leftovers tonight. Some nights it is cereal ... I love cereal.
  • I was bad last night and just ate sorbet because that was literally all I wanted and could stomach.

Tonight I'm thinking hamburgers with baked beans.

At some point this week I want to do pulled pork sandwiches, chicken pie, and grilled chicken salad.

• I made chili last night. This weekend I made a meatloaf with all kinds of veggies in it and it lasted a few days. We've been out of chicken so the menu has been pretty beef heavy for the last few days. Fresh Market does a special on chicken every Tuesday, so I get to restock today!

Tonight I'm going to make roasted chicken breast and baby potatoes with a bunch of veggies that need to be eaten. I put a honey mustard kind of sauce on it and it makes the most delicious glaze!

• I had a bunch pf ground venison I had to use so Sunday I made big lasagna.... completely forgetting the blue apron my brother got me for my birthday was arriving today. Oh well, at least lasagna freezes well!

• lnixon8 said:
    I had a bunch pf ground venison I had to use so Sunday I made big lasagna.... completely forgetting the blue apron my brother got me for my birthday was arriving today. Oh well, at least lasagna freezes well!
    I love to freeze lasagna. It always comes in handy on a night you don't want to cook!

• Last night I made a chicken parm dish from Emily's Bites, and we'll have leftovers tonight. 

Tomorrow I'm going to put a roast in the crock pot, and probably make the mashed potatoes to go with it tonight. I have conferences at school late the rest of the week, so DH will just have to reheat. We'll have that leftover on Thursday, and eat out Friday. 
  • I made beef stew over the weekend so we had leftovers last night. Tonight will be homemade supreme pizza with from scratch crust. Tomorrow I think I will be making meatloaf.
  • You guys are giving me some great ideas! I haven't made chili in a LONG time.  I love crockpot chili too.

• I pulled out a filet on Saturday to eat.   Then I got called to work at the club.   Then I was going to eat it on Sunday.  And I got called last minute to work at the club again.   So I had to eat it last night or it would go bad.   DH had raviolis. 

Tonight it taco night.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I made pan fried pork chops last night and we ate leftover spinach artichoke dip on the side. We have a few pieces of leftover pizza, a pork chop and some more dip so we'll clean out the leftovers tonight. I might make cauliflower as a side too because I don't want it to go bad. Tomorrow I'm making pulled pork in the crock pot.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • So far this week we had frozen ravioli with pesto sauce and then steak salad. Tonight is likely leftover steak salad and then we have pulled pork and pork chops thawing from the freezer. Easy meals this week

• I'll make breakfast tacos (like 10) every Monday and freeze them. Then we just microwave them every morning for breakfast. Saves tons of money and we love it!

do you cook them from frozen or thaw first?
  • I will be making this tonight, but I think I'll add sauerkraut.  Some recipes online have it, some don't.

http://12tomatoes.com/pierogi-lasagna/

• I made lamb chops with a mint sauce yesterday.... they came out sooooo yummy :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards