Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Long time Lurker, Finally Introducing Myself

Hello all,

I've been reading a lot of everyone's questions and stories for a while now and I figured I'd stop being creepy and finally create an account to join in on the fun.  I've been married for almost 8 years now and holy beans do I wish I had found this etiquette board prior to our wedding! (I realize now I definitely had a few etiquette faux pas, and I feel like crap for it, but I've lived and learned, and apologized for it all....what else can ya do?)

Anyway, my husband and I have two girls, age 5 and 7 (for all of you who are mathematicians, our oldest was a secret/surprise guest at our wedding).  I'm excited to chat with everyone, and again, sorry for being a creepy lurker for so long.  

So so here I am, Hi...Hello. 

Re: Long time Lurker, Finally Introducing Myself

• Options
    Welcome! Are you now or have you ever sold "wraps" and annoyed your family and friends with your constant posting about them?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @AddieCakeWraps as in sandwiches? Nope, not me....although I do enjoy eating them.   Otherwise I have no idea what you're talking about. :smiley: 
  • Options
    No, It Works! (and whatever companies there are) body wraps. I just can't have another person around me peddling that shit.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Hi there!   How'd you meet your husband?   Do you have any kids? 
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    No, It Works! (and whatever companies there are) body wraps. I just can't have another person around me peddling that shit.
    I promise I'm not selling anything...do I have a similar username to someone else who has done this before? (Just seems like an incredibly random question to ask someone for the first time lol)
  • Options

Stuck: Hi! Yes we have two girls.   Technically I met my husband over the phone.  He was in the Marines while I was in college (not far from the base he was at).  A close guy friend of mine called me one day and said "I have your new boyfriend here next to me, would you like to talk to him?" I said "um....no?", friend gave the phone to him anyway, we ended up talking for like 2 hours, he came snowboarding with me like a week later, and "the rest is history"!

• Options
    Of course it's random. Welcome to TK. 
  • Options

Stuck: Hi! Yes we have two girls.   Technically I met my husband over the phone.  He was in the Marines while I was in college (not far from the base he was at).  A close guy friend of mine called me one day and said "I have your new boyfriend here next to me, would you like to talk to him?" I said "um....no?", friend gave the phone to him anyway, we ended up talking for like 2 hours, he came snowboarding with me like a week later, and "the rest is history"!

Welcome! That's such an adorable story!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the warm (and random :wink:welcomes everyone!
    It looks like there is a good mix of not engaged/engaged/married/divorced folks on here right? 
    I don't want to be like that "already graduated" person who still hangs out at high school lol! 
  • Options
    It's a very healthy mix, that only speshul snowflakes complain about.  The rest of us non marrieds and engageds enjoy learning from the experiences of those who have BTDT.  

We we like random questions in introductions....they're fun.  What's yours take on cheese?
  • Options
    It's settled.  I like her.  Welcome to The Knot!
  • Options
    Welcome! I lurked for a long time and now I feel weird if I don't check the boards every day. Lots of great information on the Boards and you've probably got a lot to contribute.
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Welcome  :)

What made you decide to make the switch and join us instead of lurking?

• Options

I wanted to be able to participate in the conversations instead of just "eavesdropping"

:)
  • Options
    I'm late to this party, but welcome! The story of how you and your DH met is great :)

• Options

I wanted to be able to participate in the conversations instead of just "eavesdropping"

:)
    No better reason!

• Options
    It's a very healthy mix, that only speshul snowflakes complain about.  The rest of us non marrieds and engageds enjoy learning from the experiences of those who have BTDT.  

We we like random questions in introductions....they're fun.  What's yours take on cheese?
    I love cheese.  It's pretty wonderful. My grocery store always has a "cheese of the month" where a normally high priced cheese is available for a much lower price.  There was a really good one a few months ago that I must have purchased at least once a week...I still think about it, and I really want some, but can't bring myself to purchase it at the non-cheese-of-the-month price.   

Now im hungry for cheese....all that's in my fridge right now is a selection of shredded cheese....I may go fix myself a bowl of it now.  
    I want to know more about this awesome cheese.  What's it called and where can I get it?

Oh, and hi!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards