Wedding Woes

Top o' the Thursday to you!

Happy Thursday/St. Patrick's Day, y'all!  Everyone wearing their green?  I am even wearing green shoes today.  #hardcore  What's on the docket today?

I am dragging myself through a project I'm tired of.  Whee.  I can't believe it's almost Easter already.  Stayed up too late last night, tired today.  SSDD.

It has been gorgeous here all week (yay!) and now it's supposed to rain all weekend (boo!).  I'll have to think up some indoor stuff to do this weekend.  TBH, I wouldn't mind if Wooz's riding lesson were rained out (lazy morning!), but they only do that for downpours (or ice storms), so we'll see.

I have been dragging my feet on lining up summer camps, so I need to get moving on that, too.

Re: Top o' the Thursday to you!

• Good morning!!  I didn't get an obligatory DefConn pic this morning in his $5 St Paddy's day shirt because I'm a mom fail and forgot to get the cheetos for the school pitch-in when I was at the store yesterday.  So we had to run to Kroger really quick before drop-off (it's on the same street as his school and it was deader than dead at 7am, thankfully).

I'm watching a Hulu and these Lil' Wayne commercials for the Galaxy 7 are annoying and amusing at the same time. 

I am so excited that I'm going to my parent's tonight.  I don't have to cook and it's other adults to talk to (and they have permission to yell at my kids and give me a break, ha).  
  • Happy Thursday!

Son had a baseball scrimmage last night, the first outdoor game of the year.  It was miserable - cold and windy.  When it started sprinkling we went to watch from the van.  BUT he did great and hit a home run.  Pretty good start and this is a new team so he was happy to show off what he can do.

I am volunteering in DD1's class this afternoon.  I always look forward to going there.  She likes having me in class and it's a lot of fun.  I am hoping to be able to do this for both girls next year.
  • Heyo!
    What type of riding does your daughter do, @Heffalump? Idk how old she is but I hear you talk of her activities often. I think it is awesome. I picked riding back up as an adult but I love all the little kiddos with their ponies. I wish I had that opportunity as a child. Very cool.

@mrs.conn23 Is it a St.Paddy's day dinner at your folks or just a normal family dinner? Will there be corned beef?

I am not wearing any green. I am a scrooge. I dislike any sort of dress code for any holiday. I love any reason for a party but I don't like my clothing to be dictated. Which is weird because I do love it on other people, just not my things. St Patrick's Day is (one of) FMIL's favorite holiday. She and her friends go all out. It is sort of wacky to me but that is part of the reason I love her.

Had a good chat with FH last night. The kind of open communication talk that really solidifies that we are good for eachother. Nothing in particular, just a nice check in to make sure we are on the same page and everyone is happy. He travels so much and my seasonal funks, I can see it being easy to drift apart but we're good. I have never had a relationship with good communication so I am always surprised when it is so easy with him. 
  • My husband is not sick and did a really good job on the floors.

I have an extra hour and a half that I need to take off from work this week (if I work normally, I'll be at 41.5 hours when we close tomorrow) but I'd much rather leave at 3:30 than take a long ass lunch. I'll feel out the bosses and see.

Luckily my duvet cover obsessions won't be as terrible as the towel saga and I'm buying one today before I change my mind.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @ThxSugarMy mom said she's making corned beef.   We don't typically do St. Patty's day with my parents, but since DH is OOT this week, I invited myself to dinner. ;) 
  • I actually own a green article of clothing, so I wore it today.  

I don't have much.  I'm going grocery shopping tonight.  I have comic books to read.  I have data entry to do.  :smile: Life is busy, but kinda boring right now.
  • I am wearing a green dress today. Didn't want to get pinched :)

Got 2 text messages in the middle of the night/early this morning from Verizon. One said 75% of our cell phone data had been used, and the next one said 90% had been used. Turns out, DH fell asleep in his hotel room watching Netflix on his phone and didn't connect to WiFi. Our billing cycle doesn't end for 24 more days. This is how I feel:

Oh well. Total FWP.

• Happy St. Paddy's!!!

I'm also wearing a green dress today, but I have to leave for a jobsite after lunch so I will be at risk for getting pinched since none of my safety gear is green.

The drop-off of my old car last night was really difficult. Don't get me wrong - I absolutely LOVE my new car, but the old one was my first major purchase and the first thing that was 100% all mine.

Tonight I am going to a soft opening of my friend's company's new showroom location.
  • ThxSugar said:
    Heyo!
    What type of riding does your daughter do, @Heffalump? Idk how old she is but I hear you talk of her activities often. I think it is awesome. I picked riding back up as an adult but I love all the little kiddos with their ponies. I wish I had that opportunity as a child. Very cool.

She is 6-1/2 and does English style, hunter-jumpers, though she's not doing a ton of either right now.  (Their jumps are little more than a high step over the rail at this point, thank goodness.)  Mostly working on her two-point and posting trot.  She has loved animals forever, so last summer we signed her up for a week of horseback riding camp, and she was smitten.  (Which just further reminds me that I really need to get on summer camp!)

@taw, have fun with your volunteering.  I signed up to be lunch helper tomorrow for Wooz's class and I can't wait.  (Once a month, they give teachers a break and have parents come in and supervise lunch.)   
  • Heffalump said:

@taw, have fun with your volunteering.  I signed up to be lunch helper tomorrow for Wooz's class and I can't wait.  (Once a month, they give teachers a break and have parents come in and supervise lunch.)   

I love what I do.  I take a different small group of 4-5 kids for 35 min and we do reading activities.  The teacher loves it because it's great for the kids to have the extra time/help and the kids like having someone new to be with (granted, I am there every Thursday, but the groups rotate every week so I only see the same kids about once a month).

Then there's about 45 minutes left until school lets out and I either prepare math assignments for the next week or help the teacher with science or social studies if there is an activity that requires another set of hands.

Next month I'm a supervisor for their big field trip.

• Yay for St. Patrick's Day! My mom does a big dinner every year for today. I think she is cooking 3 corned beefs, 2 heads of cabbage, 3 lbs of potatoes and a ton of carrots.. I think there will be about 10 people at her house tonight, including FI and myself.

SOOO, I went to play Bunco last night. I'm the youngest in the group, they are all older ladies. Well one of the ladies, C, was telling me about her step-daughter getting married next weekend, as in the Saturday before Easter. When she told me the plans, my jaw dropped to the floor. This is what she told me:

• Her step-daughter is 50+ and this is her 3rd wedding.
    • In her invitation, she asked for money for their honeyfund, but said that gifts would be accepted.
    • The wedding is taking place in a yoga studio
    • The "reception" consists of enough cake for 2 people.
    • Everyone has to be gone by 2:30 so that the bride and groom can leave for their honeymoon and make it in time for their dinner reservations.
    • Their honeymoon is 1 night at The Madonna Inn in Pismo Beach. It is about 3-4 hours from where the wedding is taking place.
    • The bride told her father that she would like him to walk her down the aisle and asked him to wear gray pants and a blue shirt. She doesn't care what shade of gray and blue.
    • The bride's son decided not to come because he lives in Oregon and doesn't see a reason to fly down for just a couple hours.
    I told C that what her step-daughter is doing is VERY rude on multiple levels. She agreed. She then joked that her winnings for the night were going to be the wedding gift. She won $5.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    We had M2's checkup yesterday.  Doctor heard a heart murmur for the first time.  So I just scheduled a cardiologist follow up for April 5.  I'm choosing to believe it's just to be sure.  I googled, and strangely even the worst case scenarios didn't seem to horrible.

I have tons of work.  The big spreadsheets were the start of a marketing campaign.  Now I have to individually email these people then individually register them for a webinar and add/delete every month. 
  • @6fsn, ::vibes:: for M2...and for you too.  It's hard to not worry.  
  • @6fsn, ::vibes:: for M2...and for you too.  It's hard to not worry.  
    This, for sure. 
    tawillers said:
    Heffalump said:

I love what I do.  I take a different small group of 4-5 kids for 35 min and we do reading activities.  The teacher loves it because it's great for the kids to have the extra time/help and the kids like having someone new to be with (granted, I am there every Thursday, but the groups rotate every week so I only see the same kids about once a month).

Then there's about 45 minutes left until school lets out and I either prepare math assignments for the next week or help the teacher with science or social studies if there is an activity that requires another set of hands.

Next month I'm a supervisor for their big field trip.

I volunteered to chaperone next month's field trip.  The odds aren't that great, because they usually get like 20 volunteers for 4 slots.  But I'm hopeful, and Wooz is hopeful. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards