Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Pictures of bridesmaids in David's Bridal Wine or Apple color dresses

I’m trying to decide between Wine and Apple for my bridesmaids dresses. I really like the Apple but everyone is saying that its too red and that I will be “out shined” so I should go with the Wine. I’m going with a floor length chiffon dress from David’s Bridal style #F15555. Any pictures from real weddings of girls in chiffon dresses in either of these colors would be very helpful! Thank you! :)

Re: Pictures of bridesmaids in David's Bridal Wine or Apple color dresses

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    We did Apple for my friend's wedding. Personally I love Apple a lot more in a satin fabric....the color just wasn't as pretty in chiffon (the bridesmaids all wore difference dress styles/fabrics). I'd personally prefer wine in chiffon over apple.

• Options
    If you like apple, go with apple!  I don't think it's possible for you to be out-shined in your stunning white dress by a couple girls in red.  Below is a pic of my best friend's wedding with two bridesmaids in apple (I wore champagne as MOH), and I would have LOVED to have worn apple as well.  It was such a beautiful colour.  You do you, don't let anyone tell you what to do based on an assumption about how you *might* feel on your wedding day. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I'd pick whichever color you like better in the style of dress you are using. Someone saying you would be outshined by brides in red is smoking something, just ignore that person - comments like that don't make any sense.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the pictures and opinions! I don't think they could out shine me in any color they wear haha I like the apple and I think that's just what I'm going to go with! Thank you guys!
  • Options
    I think, if you like Apple, you should choose it! at first, Apple and Wine are both bright colours. And then...it's impossible for the bride to be out-shined!! you will be the best in any case!
  • Options

My vote is to pick the color that looks best on the majority of your BM. For example on color I was consider was emerald green but then when looking at the skin tone & hair color of some of my girls, realized some would look horrible in that color. So I found a color that they all looked good in. My big thing when it came to colors & dresses for the BM was for them to be happy with how they looked and felt because if they were happy, that would be reflected in my photos. I know that probably sounds selfish, but if your wedding party is unhappy the fake smiles or no smiles will show in your photos. I didn't want to look at my photos down the road only to see the unhappy faces and that I was the cause of that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards