Latino Weddings

Water bottle saying translation help please.

Hi, I am making the labels for our water bottles. I have the English ones down but, I am having trouble with the Spanish translation. We want to have the water bottles in both English and Spanish since the majority of our guests speak only one of the languages. I speak Spanish everyday but, I can't seem to translate this correctly. FI's saying is just: Gracias por acompanarnosen nuestro matrimonio.
The saying is:
Thank you for joining us in celebrating our union. Your presence here has made the day even more special and unforgettable.
thanks in advance
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Water bottle saying translation help please.

• edited December 2011
    Thank you for joining us in celebrating our union. Your presence here has made the day even more special and unforgettable.
    "Gracias por acompañarnos a celebrar nuestra union. Su precensia aqui ha hecho el dia aun mas especial e inolvidable"

---The Nest makes me wanna---
    imageimage
    ---Started TTC 12/1/11---
    Cycle 1 - 13 BFN
    Cycle 14 Surgery complete! BFP on 2/27/13!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC buddies with sparklingdiamond and amandaf6383
  • edited December 2011
    That's almost right, but take out the aqui and correctly spell presencia (the way I wrote it)
  • edited December 2011

How are you making your own water bottle labels?  I thought about doing this for my wedding also.

• Steph0187Steph0187 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am making the labels with shipping labels, I have yet to figure out how to keep the label from getting wet and falling off. Somebody had said to wrap a piece of tape around them bt, I don't think it will look to good. Any advice on this is appreciated.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_water-bottle-saying-translation-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:680Discussion:8d31c571-b1ea-4862-b8b0-642b8a4b97f0Post:540bc274-10fe-42da-819d-0a565aab1d4a">Re: Water bottle saying translation help please.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am making the labels with shipping labels, I have yet to figure out how to keep the label from getting wet and falling off. Somebody had said to wrap a piece of tape around them bt, I don't think it will look to good. Any advice on this is appreciated.
    Posted by Steph0187[/QUOTE]

Hot glue maybe?
  • virgincitavirgincita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    laminate and then hot glue them on?

The translation up there looks good to me. Not sure you need the "aqui" but it still makes sense.
  • NadiaT1980NadiaT1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not eaxctly a litteral translation, but that's not awlays the right (or wrong way) to go. Maybe move unforgettable around- your wedding will be unfortettable, perhaps make your guests feel unforgettable? Just a thought... congrats!

thanks in advance

Gracias por compartir en nuestra celebracion. Su presencia inolvidable hace que este dia sea aun mas especial y estamos muy agradecidos!

litterally, Thank you for sharing in our celebreation. Your unforgettable presense makes this day even more special and we're very grateful!
    Nadi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards