Wedding Party
Options

MOH/BM Issues

So it was recently brought to my attention by one of my bridesmaids that my MOH has been super controlling regarding planning of the bachelorette party and other pre-wedding events. I should mention this particular BM and my MOH both have type A personalities so I'm not totally surprised that the two of them are butting heads a bit. But my BM said to me that they were all discussing pre-wedding parties with another friend of ours (not in wedding party but a good friend of all of ours) and my MOH apparently made this friend feel like she was not wanted in the planning of or at the bachelorette party which I find a bit ridiculous. I think my MOH means well but she is getting a little over controlling. What can I do?

Re: MOH/BM Issues

• Options
    This is not your issue.  These two women are adults and if they are having problems then they need to figure it out between them and not bring you into it.

So the next time one complains about the other say "I really do not want to get into the middle of this.  If you have an issue with Susie, then talk to Susie."

• Options
    This is kind of happening to me right now so I do feel your pain. I feel terrible about it and hate that both BM's have stress due to this, but they are adults and are responsible for their own actions. It isn't my place to play Mum, no matter how strong the urge to do so. Even though the situation revolves around an event thrown for me, their inability to work together well isn't really anything to do with me. 

• Options
    Don't get involved. 
  • Options
    Ashh71 said:
    So it was recently brought to my attention by one of my bridesmaids that my MOH has been super controlling regarding planning of the bachelorette party and other pre-wedding events. I should mention this particular BM and my MOH both have type A personalities so I'm not totally surprised that the two of them are butting heads a bit. But my BM said to me that they were all discussing pre-wedding parties with another friend of ours (not in wedding party but a good friend of all of ours) and my MOH apparently made this friend feel like she was not wanted in the planning of or at the bachelorette party which I find a bit ridiculous. I think my MOH means well but she is getting a little over controlling. What can I do?
    Definitely stay out of it.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the responses.. I will stay out of it!!
  • Options
    This happened to me as well, my MOH was super rude to my SIL, SIL never said anything to me, tried to handle it with MOH like an adult and MOH acted super childish about the whole thing. MOH would try to get me involved and I just said she had to work it out. So glad I didn't get involved. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards