Wedding Woes
Options

Singing a happy Tuesday song

Since no one has started a Tuesday post yet, here goes:

My boss is out AND a presentation I was dragging my feet on has been rescheduled from this Thursday (boo) to next Thursday (yay!).  Oh happy day.

Easter is done.  We still have to color our eggs this weekend, but all of the kids' stuff is either hidden away or en route (thank you, Amazon Prime, on the latter).

Re: Singing a happy Tuesday song

• Options
    I took the day off work to work on grading research papers. How sad is that?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2016
    I'll post this here since we double posted.  :D

If you need a podcast, Sword and Scale is interesting.  I'm listening to eps. 11-12 about the Morgan Ingram case.  It's crazy stuff. 

http://swordandscale.com/category/podcast/page/6/

We're pretty much officially going to Hawaii in Oct with our friends.  I am so stinking excited.  

Also, I talked to SIL last night and she and BIL are coming to stay for the weekend, so I get lots of new nephew snuggle time.  D 

My mom had to go to Chicago last night for a family emergency.  Thankfully it's nothing health-related, but it's not a good situation.  

The kids are home today as a type of trial run for this summer to see if we can all co-exist while I work and the kiddo babysits DefConn.  So far it's been OK.  I need doors for my office something fierce.  I'm hoping we get an e-mail soon that they're in.  (We ordered them over a month ago) 
  • Options
    Hawaii sounds amazing!! I've always wanted to go!

Heat is still broken at my house. One of my friends sent her husband over to look at it, and it's beyond his level of handymanship. He tried a few different things and even installed a new thermostat for me, but it seems like it's a problem with the gas pipes. Boo.

On the good side, I made an executive decision to go visit DH in Pennsylvania the weekend after Easter :smiley: I'm stoked. My dad's side of the family is from PA but they all moved down to TN 30+ years ago. I've never been up there before. Pretty excited to see Amish Country and try out a real cheesesteak. Oh, and see DH of course  ;)

• Options
    I'm jealous of Hawaii!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

We're pretty much officially going to Hawaii in Oct with our friends.  I am so stinking excited.  

JealousE!
  • Options

Spring break is going great.  The girls have been very crafty.

I'm leaving in 10 minutes to take the girls to see Zootopia.  Then they're going to spend two nights with the IL's, so Son and I are going to a movie tomorrow.

We might get snow later this week.  Ugh.

• Options
    I can't seem to stop coughing, which is getting annoying.  I also accidentally ruined last night's Drag Race for myself, dammit.  I know who they brought back and I think I know who they sent home.

Today is the first time I can actually start creating a budget for myself, with all accounts switched over to just me and my monies/responsibilities.  It feels like heaven.
  • Options
    Hello. I'm at my desk, prepping for a phone call with my manager. I had my performance review yesterday and it did not go as well as I hoped which is solidifying my desire to move out of this position. 

DD has decided she wants to use the potty, which is great but she's totally in love with the idea of it so we go in a never ending loop of her sitting, doing nothing, telling me she did go potty (and yelling "YAY" loudly), cleaning up, and then repeating. I have to physically take her from the bathroom which prompts her to melt down because she insists she has to go. I'm so glad DS was my first and was an easy child. 
  • Options
    @PMeg819,  I was thinking about you the other day.  Not for any reason, just randomly.

I'm sorry work is sucky.  I hope something works out for you soon.  

OMG at your DD.  What a nut. 
  • Options
    PMeg819 said:
    Hello. I'm at my desk, prepping for a phone call with my manager. I had my performance review yesterday and it did not go as well as I hoped which is solidifying my desire to move out of this position. 

DD has decided she wants to use the potty, which is great but she's totally in love with the idea of it so we go in a never ending loop of her sitting, doing nothing, telling me she did go potty (and yelling "YAY" loudly), cleaning up, and then repeating. I have to physically take her from the bathroom which prompts her to melt down because she insists she has to go. I'm so glad DS was my first and was an easy child. 
    This brought me back to a couple of girls I used to babysit for. Their parents had an m&m system for potty training. They got 1 for trying 5 for #1 and 10 for #2. Well all this resulted in was them having to "try" every 20 minutes... I'm still not sure if that is how it was with them all the time or if they had like a time limit and I didn't know about it so they were taking advantage of the babysitter. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    H and I saw another house that we loved last night so we're trying to decide which one to put an offer in on. I love one he loves the other. They both have different big pros and big cons. They're both fairly priced and on the same street. We've spent today trying to decide. H said were not at the point of flipping a coin, but he wasn't ruling it out yet. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards