Wedding Woes

Re: Can't she just tell him not to watch it?

• Oh yeah, we're chatting about that one over on Chit Chat :) 

• MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    Simple - don't tell your friends/family when it's going to air!  and TURN THE TV off if it comes on!  That's what DVR's are for!!!
  • I posted about this on CC.  I'd love to see a show of hands of the number of dudes that want to see that show.   Yeah that's a sexism generalization but DH would run away when I put it on.  
  • H refused to be in the same room as me watching that show. 
  • My husband will hate-watch it with me on rare occasion. "That dress is hideous." "Why are they spending THAT MUCH on a dress?" "OMG that girl is obnoxious."
    Every once in a blue moon he'll say, "Oh... that's a nice dress on her." 
    I'll be honest, I love the show and can't wait to watch this shit-show episode. Their ratings ploy didn't work on me as I'm a normal viewer anyway, haha. 

• We gave up cable so please watch it and report back @thisismynickname
  • How did she end up spending 40k? I know that wasn't the budget she quoted when asked! 
  • Yeah, we would just record it and watch it later. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • So...she said her budget was $10k. I've noticed on this new season they're not consistently naming the price or even designer of each dress. The bride in question was rather annoying with her constant references to Beyonce. She got a very sparkly, illusion gown with a completely sheer skirt below the thighs which wasn't bridal enough so the consultant layered over it a giant tulle skirt. She can remove the skirt for the reception. It was very pretty but nothing I'd go "Oh my god!" over. 
    So dress, skirt, alterations, veil, taxes... I don't know, $20k? Is she wearing another $20k in diamond jewelry? I don't know. 

• Yes, I watched that one too. It was pretty, but I'm not sure why she freaked out and took it to court. Really? Who has the time or money for foolishness.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just say, "Honey, my episode is airing tonight, so please don't watch." Easy peasy.

• @NOLABridesmaid - But adulting is HARD!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards