Chit Chat

Have to share the good news!

My Fiance and I have been in the process of buying a house since mid January! Our original close date was supposed to be March 3rd but it kept getting pushed back because they needed more paperwork. Major hassle! Anyhow, we finally got the clear to close yesterday and wil be signing on Friday, March 11th at 9am! Such a relief to be so close to the end of this ridiculously stressful process! I just had to share with somebody as we are not making any announcements about it until we actually sign the papers! 
Thanks for reading! :)

Re: Have to share the good news!

• Congratulations!! 
  • Awesome!! Congratulations!! Owning a home is the best.

• Congrats!  We too were so relieved when everything was done and we finally had the keys!
  • Woohoo! That was such an awesome feeling. We went to dinner and then immediately to the house and ripped up a cat-pee-soaked carpet as our first home improvement. It was amazing!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That's awesome! Congrats!!
  • Woohoo! That was such an awesome feeling. We went to dinner and then immediately to the house and ripped up a cat-pee-soaked carpet as our first home improvement. It was amazing!
    We put a bottle of champagne and two champagne flutes, a folding table and two chairs, and some paper products in the car before going to our signing.  We took pictures as I put My Keys into My Door for the first time.  Then went inside and popped the champagne and took more pictures of ourselves around the house.  I don't know if we ate pizza at our house on that day or on the following weekend, but pizza was our first meal at Our House!  

Enjoy this!
  • Congratulations!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations! We're just starting (did our pre-approval meeting this week) the process. 

Have fun celebrating! 
  • Congrats! We're closing on our new home on Friday as well! The paperwork is just unreal, but since this is not our first home, we started gathering stuff early in the process. But, there is always something. LOL

• We are so excited! Luckily the only thing that needs to be done on it is the privacy fence but that isn't a priority at this point! 
    We plan on going out to eat to celebrate after signing! We are such feeling a huge weight off of our shoulders now! 
    Jells, we had no clue what we were getting into but now that we do, we know it's all about hurry up and wait and get a whole new list of documents needed every day!!! 
  • congrats! I just bought my first place in december and it's such a great feeling!
  • After we closed on our home, we immediately ran to get the dog so he could enjoy his first moments in a new place home!  Home ownership is great! Congrats!
  • Late to the party, but congrats!  I was super, super excited when I bought my first home.

My agent went to the closing with me and gave me a small gift basket...that included a bottle of champagne!  She was the best.

I went home, grabbed my b/f (H now) and we went over to the new house.  One small let down is it was a foreclosure, so there were no "keys" I was given.  I had the realtor lockbox code and we had to keep using that for a few days until we replaced the locks, lol.

The first thing we did on that first afternoon of home ownership was rip out all the carpets.  Lo and behold, there were hardwood floors underneath.  They needed to be refinished, but we saved a ton of money over having to buy new flooring.  Unfortunately, because of that and other repairs that needed to be made, it was about six weeks before we could actually move in.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats, OP!!!

H and I closed on our first house about a month ago. The day after we closed, the 27th, we moved in. After we'd unloaded all the boxes, my H, my sister and two of our friends sat in the driveway and had some beers. My sister was sitting on the tailgate and she said, "I could see myself drinking in this driveway". On Saturday, the 27th of this month, my MIL was in town and we sat in bag chairs in the driveway drinking.

Totally unrelated but so nice that exactly a month after, we were already just relaxing and hanging out.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • With our work schedules and the kids starting baseball/softball practices, it has taken us forever to get everything unpacked and where it needs to be. We finally finished it all on Sunday morning, had our families over for Easter and have just relaxed the last two days. It's wonderful!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards