Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

2 Ceremony Invite lists

Hi all! 
So, my fiancé wanted a small Hindu ceremony for his family and friends, which will take place the day prior to our big, traditional "American wedding." I wanted to invite my bridal party, those involved in the traditional ceremony (readers), and a few close family members for the Hindu ceremony. All of these people will then be invited to the rehearsal dinner that same evening. My mom thinks it's poor form for me to invite only one of my cousins, whom I consider a close personal friend. Is it bad to invite a few aunts, and only 1 cousin? This cousin will be included in the Traditional wedding, so she's technically part of the festivities for the rest of the day. Also, is it okay that about 80% of OOT guests (mostly groom's guest list) and rehearsal dinner attendants will have been to the Hindu ceremony, and then there will be a few of my parents guest list ( my sister's in-laws, some of my parent's OOT friends) that is invited to the rehearsal but not the Hindu ceremony? My fiancé and I are financing the Gindu ceremony, and I don't want people I barely know, and that he doesn't know at all, in attendance. But i

Re: 2 Ceremony Invite lists

• Options
    I would probably have the guests lists be the same if for no other reason than to keep the peace.  I'm not sure what etiquette says but I think generally if you have to ask you know it's a bad idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards