Wedding Woes

"Sorry, I can't do this anymore."

Dear Prudence,
I am a stay-at-home mom with two elementary-age kids. My neighbor is a divorced dad who works long hours and has three girls. All the kids go to the same school, and I offered to pick them up and drop them off since he can’t get there at three in the afternoon. However, half the time, I am waiting 15 minutes or more in the morning. They have already made my own kids late twice this month. I have spoken to my neighbor and he promised to get his kids out early. It hasn’t happened. I understand he is struggling but I could have my kids in their classrooms by the time he gets his out the door. Do you have any suggestions?

—Sort-of-Deadbeat-Dad

Re: "Sorry, I can't do this anymore."

• I would tell him that his children are making my children late and that I can't have that. If they can't be on time, I can't pick them up anymore and you'll have to make other arrangements. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Well I wouldn't call him a deadbeat dad, even "sort of" based on this, but I agree with you, Mrs.Conn. I'd still offer to pick them up in the afternoon if that's not an issue but LW's kids are her main priority here.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I don't understand the problem.  "Bob, there have been a few times in the last month where we have been waiting for John and Sally to get to our house.  This has made us late.  I'd love to keep driving them to school, but they need to be on time."

• "We leave at 7:15, if the girls are on my porch they can ride with." But I agree the rides home would still continue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards