April 2013 Weddings

Personalized Hangers -- Picture??

So I bought these personalized hangers from Etsy for my bridal party (with their individual name, not the word "bride" or "bridesmaid"), because I want to have the cute picture with our dresses hanging on them. Except today I realized that there may not be an easy or pretty place to actually take the picture! We won't be getting ready at the chapel. By the time the professional photographer is available we will have to be wearing the dresses, so that means we'd have to take the picture on our own at the hotel or something.

Ideas on how to make the picture work? And be beautiful?

I have not yet actually received them, but I'm not sure I can cancel the order on Etsy now. I already paid for them. Anyone know?

By the way, these are not part of the official bridal party gift. I have a personalized item for each girl. These hangers would be given to them separately, altho they do get to keep them.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
image 225 Invited
image 53 Are ready to party!
image 18 Will be missing out!
image 154 Are MIA!
Reply requested by March 23.

Re: Personalized Hangers -- Picture??

• Do you know any friends that dabble in photography?  It's not to difficult to make a pretty picture if you have a mediocre camera and good software or vice versa ;-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_personalized-hangers-picture?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:daa6beda-ba01-4e77-9a92-73fc48112e69Post:930ec096-691b-47fe-88a1-625b4345f1f8">Re: Personalized Hangers -- Picture??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you know any friends that dabble in photography?  It's not to difficult to make a pretty picture if you have a mediocre camera and good software or vice versa ;-)
    Posted by lch0708[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, I can definitely take some pics and even get my dad to figure out something. He knows much more about the various features of the camera. I'm just trying to think of where to even take the picture. The hotel room sounds pretty boring. But in searching for photo ideas on TK, somehow had pics of their dresses in windows...so that could maybe work? I just feel like I wasted this money because I didn't plan ahead! Darn impulse buys!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 225 Invited
    image 154 Are MIA!
  • Have you looked on pinterest yet?  I just searched "wedding hangers" and there are a ton of different options.  The photographer has to zoom in so tight to actually see the name that the background isn't super critical.  Hanging them on windows, doors, chandeliers and even bushes seems to be popular.  Maybe you can find a tree outside with some nice branches and use that?  

If you want to get mutlple hangers in one shot, you could lay a BM dress down on a bed and arrange the hangers to show off all of the names.

I just got all of those ideas from the Pinterest search :-)  Good luck!
  • Good call! Thanks :) Found a couple good ones already.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 225 Invited
    image 154 Are MIA!
  • No prob :-)  I go to Pinterest and Etsy for everything now!
  • No prob :-)  I go to Pinterest and Etsy for everything now!
  • If you have the girls bring their hangers with them,  have the photographer take a photo of them anyway - even if the dresses aren't on them.  Hang the bride's hanger on a coat hook/ wall hook/window ledge etc, then hang each bridesmaids hanger in the middle of the horizontal crossbar of the hanger above it.  So its a vertical chain of hangers - you need to have a solid background - either backlit in front of a window or just solid wall so that you can actually make out the names - hanging them outside can be tricky if there's a lot of things going on in the background or its windy.  There is a lot you can do even without the dresses, just let your photog know you want something that captures them together.
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards