Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

MOB dress..

My mom just sent me a pic of the dress she bought for my wedding in a few months. Her white dress. I'd be fine with champagne, but the dress she bought is actually whiter than mine..

Should I say something? Or should I let her wear whatever she wants? Background, she has NPD, so I'm perceiving this as another attempt at making FI and my wedding her special day.

Re: MOB dress..

• Options
    bizzy592 said:
    My mom just sent me a pic of the dress she bought for my wedding in a few months. Her white dress. I'd be fine with champagne, but the dress she bought is actually whiter than mine..

Should I say something? Or should I let her wear whatever she wants? Background, she has NPD, so I'm perceiving this as another attempt at making FI and my wedding her special day.
    Let her wear what she wants.  Your guests are likely aware of her condition and will know to just roll their eyes and move along.
  • Options
    If she is truly NPD, you would be wasting your breath to try and change her mind.  The only possibility is that you could go shopping together for something else and happen to see another dress.  "Oh, wow!  Mom that would look gorgeous on you!  You should try it on."  Then, "Oh, Mom you look beautiful!  You should wear that to my wedding!"
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    That sucks, it really really does.  

But like PP's have said, she's going to be the one getting the side eye, not you.  So bitch here and get it off of your chest.  With NPD you're probably getting off easy!
  • Options
    Don't say anything.  She wants you to pay attention to her.  Ignoring her really will be the best revenge.  NPD is a pretty difficult personality to work with.  Everyone will get it, everyone knows you're the bride, and your Mom will be the one looking like an ass. Vent here, have a margarita, and move on.  Is it annoying?  Of course.  Will it ruin your day.  Absolutely not--you're marrying the person you love!  

• Options
    I wouldn't say anything.  The color of your mother's dress will only matter if you let it matter.
  • Options
    My dress was a lace off white v-neck gown. My mother chose a long lace off white v-neck gown. Yes it annoyed me, but I didn't say anything because it like have been super rude. 

She he changed her mind because her dieter told her people would side eye her. But I never would have said anything. 
  • Options
    lnixon8 said:
    I wish MIL had worn a white dress rather than change into silk pajamas/slippers and come back for 2 hours of the reception
    Awesome.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    If she does have NPD then I guess just be happy that she didn't show you her veil.  

You're so right. Instead of a corsage, she's debating (as if it's up to her what I order) whether to wear a wreath of flowers in her hair or carry a bouquet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards