Ohio-Columbus

Need some advice please....Any Friday/Sunday Knotties out there??

Hello Ladies!

I am finally diving into the wedding planning process and finding out that Friday and Sundays are SO much cheaper! How many of you girls are having a Friday or Sunday wedding and are you nervous about the turnout?

Thanks in advance Laughing

Re: Need some advice please....Any Friday/Sunday Knotties out there??

• edited December 2011
    I'm having a Friday *evening* wedding. It starts at 6pm.  We made sure everything (ceremony, reception, hotel, next day brunch) were all at the same place.  It's in less than seven weeks, so I can't exactly tell you how it all worked out just yet.  I made sure I sent out Save The Dates so people had plenty of notice.

FI and I decided that if it was important enough to people, they would make the extra effort and attend.  There were some grumps at first from some family members, but it's not my Uncle Bob's wedding - it's ours and we are super excited to see it all coming together!
  • edited December 2011
    We really wanted a Friday and my mom straight up said no! she said no one would come but honestly I did not mind that. It is a lot cheaper but it is definitely hard for people to come on a Friday. Or if it is Sunday they might not be able to enjoy themselves and leave earlier. But honestly it is your wedding, I have not noticed too much price difference but everything that I want it is all one price no matter what day it is. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_need-advice-pleaseany-fridaysunday-knotties-out-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:d119c001-9677-487f-bb52-97829f6a82eaPost:547b7741-8534-4405-862b-c2da6dfdd2a4">Re: Need some advice please....Any Friday/Sunday Knotties out there??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having a Friday *evening* wedding. It starts at 6pm.  We made sure everything (ceremony, reception, hotel, next day brunch) were all at the same place.  It's in less than seven weeks, so I can't exactly tell you how it all worked out just yet.  I made sure I sent out Save The Dates so people had plenty of notice. FI and I decided that if it was important enough to people, they would make the extra effort and attend.  There were some grumps at first from some family members, but it's not my Uncle Bob's wedding - it's ours and we are super excited to see it all coming together!
    Posted by montyandkellyski[/QUOTE]

Threadjack

Gotta say your wedding date was on our list but our parents nixed it for the whole Friday thing but I think it's fun.  We still ended up with a quirky date thanks to DH who was really set on 9-10-11
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • edited December 2011
    I am having a Tuesday wedding. It's all family. The smaller the better frankly. :)
  • edited December 2011
    We are having a Sunday wedding. My mother was so negative about it. My FMIL was very supportive and said they would be there no matter when and where. The people who want to be there will be there...or at least try, not grumble and complain. It is cheaper and works for us. We also are having it on a non major weekend (at least with our families) so alot of them are excited about that.
    imageAnniversary
  • itsallnice421itsallnice421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine on a Friday evening. It ended up saving us some money here and there, but honestly wasn't quite the cost savings I anticipated; though that could be my fault for splurging in certain areas.

I agree that if it's important enough to people, they will come. If it's not, they won't. I am finding that the majority of complainers say yes anyway. Some out-of-towners we expected to come have suddenly turned up saying, 'It's on a Friday? I can't get off work!' But, since I sent save the dates like 7 months in advance (that had the word "Friday" on them), I just feel like if they can't make it work, it probably wasn't very important to them.

All in all, I'm happy mine's on Friday mainly because of the date itself, 10/21/11, because my birthday is 4/21 and his is 3/21- I just love all the 21s I guess, because I am a nerd! I'm just saying, do what you want for whatever reason you want- it's all about you guys that day!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_need-advice-pleaseany-fridaysunday-knotties-out-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:d119c001-9677-487f-bb52-97829f6a82eaPost:a4f40af5-4201-49f9-b0c5-c789d996fdca">Re: Need some advice please....Any Friday/Sunday Knotties out there??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need some advice please....Any Friday/Sunday Knotties out there?? : Threadjack Gotta say your wedding date was on our list but our parents nixed it for the whole Friday thing but I think it's fun.  We still ended up with a quirky date thanks to DH who was really set on 9-10-11
    Posted by Jelenny[/QUOTE]

We chose it ver tw years ago so our family has had time to digest it, lol. I love 9-10-11 too!!

So I creeped on your bio and if those Thank You signs are still available, I'd love to get my hands on them. PM me!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We had a Saturday wedding. But I think Friday and any weekday weddings are cheaper generally.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_need-advice-pleaseany-fridaysunday-knotties-out-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:d119c001-9677-487f-bb52-97829f6a82eaPost:12f05dfb-82b6-422c-bd45-706a2cf5845f">Re: Need some advice please....Any Friday/Sunday Knotties out there??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need some advice please....Any Friday/Sunday Knotties out there?? : We chose it ver tw years ago so our family has had time to digest it, lol. I love 9-10-11 too!! So I creeped on your bio and if those Thank You signs are still available, I'd love to get my hands on them. PM me!!!!
    Posted by montyandkellyski[/QUOTE]

Pm'd ya back
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another option you might look at is off-season weddings.  The place we are getting married is $1,700 to rent on a Saturday, and I think $1,200(ish?) for a Friday or Sunday.  However, January-March it drops even more!  I think it is somewhere in the ballpark of $1,200 for Saturdays and only $800 for Fridays and Sundays!

Some other vendors will knock off some money for off season weddings too.  For example, our photographer gave us $400 off for getting married in December.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We got married on a Sunday but to make sure that everyone could still come, we did it on a three day weekend. That way most of our out of town relatives and friends were able to attend. It worked out well. Most vendors were willing to give us the Sunday price still and we just didn't go with the vendors that used Labor Day as an excuse to jack up the price.
    image 445 Invited so far!
    image 50 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 366 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are gettin married on a sunday!  9/2/12  This also happens to be labor day weekend which means we have the following monday off of work.  It was a lot cheaper for us with our ceremony/reception site and also with a majority of our vendors.  It also gives us another day (saturday) to get stuff prepared and ready so that we do not have to take and extra day off work!  Not to mentiona huge portion of our families are coming from out of town!
  • nikalin5nikalin5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having a Sunday wedding, sooo much cheeper. I have worried a little about it, I dont think it is going to be too much of a late night part since the majority of people will have to work Monday morning, but we are going to make the best of it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards