Wedding Woes
Options

Friday

FINALLY!

This has been a long week.  What's on tap for the weekend?

Tonight:  Hanging with the fam. 
Tomorrow: Typically running around. FIL is coming to stay the night. 
Sunday: No idea.  I hope it involves sleep and Netflix. 

Re: Friday

• Options
    Usual kid activities.  Hopefully the lawnmower will be back from the shop tomorrow, because our lawn is starting to look a little sketchy.  50/50 which arrives first:  the mower, or the note from the HOA.  Hoping Wooz's lesson won't be too cold tomorrow a.m.  Effing jet stream.

Tonight, I am putting the kids to bed and crashing.  I was so tired last night that when DH texted to say he'd make it home before the kids' bedtime, I told him to wake me up when he got there.  ;)

Today I need to think of a) a fun weekend outing that fits around riding and swim, since the last two we planned had to be cancelled due to sick kids, and b) something new to make for dinner that everyone will willingly eat without suspicion.  (I made lasagna last weekend, and 3/4 of us thought it was good; Wooz said "I liked the cheese part, but not the rest" and proceeded to try to tease the cheese out from among the noodles and sauce.)

I will not be on here Monday, as it's field trip day.  :)

https49mediatumblrcomf5061d09b434e6e10f8168f064dc1665tumblr_n4qervCRRD1roohieo1_250gif

• Options

Yay for Friday.

We have baseball all weekend.  A game tonight, two games tomorrow, a practice for DD1, I have to work concessions for two hours, and at least one game on Sunday, depending on how well we do in the tournament.  It's also supposed to be in the 40s, so that makes it not so fun.

• Options

Heffalump said:

https49mediatumblrcomf5061d09b434e6e10f8168f064dc1665tumblr_n4qervCRRD1roohieo1_250gif

I will be attending DD1's field trip next Thursday.  At least we're going to a fun place.

• Options
    tawillers said:
    Heffalump said:

I will be attending DD1's field trip next Thursday.  At least we're going to a fun place.

I hope this place is fun.  TBH, their website was sort of lame, but not everyone is good at that sort of thing, so I'm reserving judgment.  At any rate, I get to ride on the bus with Wooz and hang out with her friends and her, so that's cool.

::silently chants "please don't put Nicky in my group, please don't put Nicky in my group" ::
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It's supposed to snow! grrrr.  Saturday am we have baseball practice.  Sunday first lacrosse game then we literally cross the street to makeup the baseball practice that was cancelled last night.  Lacrosse practice was not cancelled so DH took 6let in the hail.  I lucked out and did gymnastics.  They want to move M2 up again.  She was doing one handed cartwheels last night.

I think I'll skip ball practices and find SOMETHING to do with the M2 and Max.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I learned how to jump a car battery last night. DH left his truck here when he left for PA and the battery died because I left it sitting too long, so he walked me through jumping it over the phone. I felt like Superwoman.

Today I'm sitting at my desk being bored. I probably will leave a little early since I don't have much to do. I mean, what are they going to do? Fire me? :D

Tonight, nothing. I am currently addicted to watching Chopped on Food Network, and I have a ton of episodes recorded. My plan is to binge watch it all night long and eat leftovers from the huge meal I accidentally made last night. I'm probably going to end up giving some of it to my mom since she lives alone and understands the struggle of cooking for 1.

Saturday will be the usual. I need to get groceries and get the oil changed in my car. Clean out the refrigerator. Clean the bathrooms. Do laundry. Wash my bedding since the dog jumped on the bed with her muddy paws. Boring adult stuff.

Sunday will be church and then the "engagement celebration" that 2 of my friends are throwing themselves. Should be very interesting. If you need a briefing on the details, please see my post in Chit Chat titled "My friend put a Corvette on his registry", and also the recent details that I shared in the "Who or What are you side-eying?" post. It's guaranteed to provide at least a little entertainment.

ETA words

• Options
    bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2016
    I'm currently driving through snow squalls. My wedding is in 3 weeks. I don't know whether to laugh hysterically or just SMDH, but somehow I feel like this is just par for the course. This is why I moved South.

ETA sorry, Ernie. That was too soon

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    I know I keep saying I'm worn out; I really am though.  I'm just not getting enough recovery time.  

I don't think I have anything to do tonight, so I'll be stuffing envelopes.  The nightmares about Pride planning are starting and I'm getting really stressed about the entire thing.  I think I'm going to schedule a meeting with the woman who did it for a few years, a few years ago and just talk to her about it.

Saturday I'm going to a roller derby game.  My first one.  There's a big group of us going, so it should be fun.  Hopefully I don't have to watch anyone take out K too badly.  The rest of the weekend will hopefully be relaxing.
  • Options
    I'm the first to say that I hate field trips. I'm always running around making sure we don't leave anyone and they aren't acting a fool. I go on at least three a year and that is a plenty.
  • Options
    I'm a big ole pile of negativity today. 
    A) It's snowing. Hard. In the Midwest. It's APRIL.

B) DH's company is sending him on a business trip. Overseas. For four days. Immediately before we CLOSE on our NEW CONDO, a process which involves me officially selling mine on the same day. 
    So now we're signing power of attorney docs because if he can't get home on time as scheduled, I need to be able to sign everything myself. Oh and now I get to pack by myself, deal with any last minute shit myself, do everything by my goddamn self. (Ok, in fairness, he'll help me pack most of everything the weekend before, but obviously you can't pack a whole entire home and sit among boxes for 5 days so I'm still dealing with a lot of last minute crap myself.)

Puttin' this in the burn book. 

This weekend involves cleaning out closets and donating stuff. 

• Options
    this weekend is supposed to be 80-ish and sunny-ish, so we'll probably go see the wildflowers tomorrow and hit up the zoo on sunday. I need to see how i'm feeling, though - i still have a really bad cough from the flu. I might hit up urgent care if i'm still having issues over the weekend. 
  • Options

So, I work for a small life insurance brokerage company. No benefits. Since they hired me 5 years ago, they've been telling met they're looking into offering health insurance, blah blah blah and nothing. Okay fine. Over the years, the owner and his son have bought books of business for investments and health insurance. So, they do 401k and health insurance for other people, but don't offer it to their people.

Life insurance has been slow so they're making me manage more of the health and group-based stuff. So, I spend my days managing employee-covered benefits, while not receiving any of my own. Which I know is totally irrational, but it feels shitty. Especially when they whine about having to sell it and how difficult shit is for them.

Yesterday an employer emailed me to remove an employee who had quit. He cc'ed my boss and asked him if he knew anyone looking for work. I wish this place wasn't like an hour and a half from here or I'da sent my own damn resume.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Random:  the Chick-fil-A spicy chicken sandwich is calling my name today.  I have been eating so healthy, and my salad is waiting for me in the work fridge.

I'm 90% sure I'm going to CFA for lunch.
  • Options
    TGIF indeed.

I don't think we have plans for this weekend which is good because I need to get the house clean. It's also supposed to rain all weekend so that limits things we can do. We live on a dirt road and if the rain is too bad, I hate driving down it because the road turns into a river.

Irrational fear of the day: we are having a birthday party for DS at a local place that does painting classes. We invited his entire class (which is what DS wanted) and I sent the invitations to give to each child today. I'm afraid that no one will RSVP and attend. And then I'll feel so bad for DS. According to his teacher, he's very outgoing and well liked, so I feel that this is a bit unfounded but still. I don't want to ever accept the possibility that my child could be crushed by something.
  • Options
    I've got sauerkraut in the slow cooker at home so I'm excited for dinner. Also I hope DH gets out of his meeting early so we can get lunch, I'm starving. 

Not much going on this weekend. We have cleaning to catch up on but hopefully it's relaxing otherwise.

I'm kind of mad at myself for talking DH out of going to Vegas for a few days this summer. He wanted to do a quick trip somewhere and we've both wanted to go to Vegas for a while. I was really excited about it but worried about money since we're saving for a house and now I'm just bummed that my responsible side took over and now we're definitely not going...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold
    I don't think it's irrational at all to feel put out about the benefits. It's... hypocritical, really, to sell benefits and not give what you sell to your own employees. WTF?

• Options
    Today. Is. The longest. Day. Ever.
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold not irrational! That's like dangling candy in front of a kid and saying "oh, but you don't get any".

• Options
    Agreed.  I'm being allowed to leave early @ 2 and it's taking FOREVER to get here.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    Agreed.  I'm being allowed to leave early @ 2 and it's taking FOREVER to get here.
    Lucky!

But yes, this day is dragggggggging. And I am growing more and more exhausted by the minute.

Tomorrow I have a hair appointment (wheeee!) and then have to find an outfit for my friend's baby shower, which is next weekend.

This weekend we have to finish filing our taxes. And then there are the typical weekend chores.

Other than that I am really hoping to catch up on sleep.
  • Options
    I took my dad yesterday to a walk in clinic for a sinus infection and ended up in an ambulance ride to the hospital, where he still is and I'm back again.  He has COPD and got bronchitis so he's fine, the doctor is hoping to be able to treat him to the point where he no longer needs outside oxygen otherwise he's going home with a tank.

His preferred hospital is really nice.  Except this time they have totally dropped the ball with interpreters (he's Deaf) so we haven't had one since noon, I'm super pissed about the whole thing and our NA keeps doing dumb things like speak very loudly when talking to him or like this morning when she told me she didn't know Deaf people could live on their own.  

Hopefully he gets to home tomorrow/Sunday.  And when he does I'm rescheduling the mani/pedi I had an appointment for!

My dad, however, is a joy to nurses/doctors in the hospitals.  He's laid back and always cracking jokes.  He drives me nuts but in ways that make me laugh too.  I went to the cafeteria to get him dinner last night and asked what he wanted.  He asked for "2 jello cups with fruit and cake."  Oh dad!  He was serious.  And he seriously got chicken and roasted vegetables instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards