Impossibly fun?!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/impossibly-fun-wedding-ideas#.yaov1x4de

Love 23, 25, 26 and 30.

1 is my idea of hell!
3; not sure if cute or creepy?

Opinions please xx
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Impossibly fun?!

• OMG #1 is definitely my idea of hell too. I HATED field day when I was a kid. I dreaded it so much and got so stressed out by it that my stomach would be upset all day. No no no no no.

I really like the ones you like too. #11 and #27 are super cute but totally impractical for alcoholic drinks. Most venues require a licensed bartender. I guess if it was a backyard party it would work though!

I also love the waffle bar idea. Now I want waffles.

• #4 is a cute idea, but I feel bad for people who just wont have any advice and would be grasping for things to write.

LOVE #8!

I may do #8 and #15 actually....

#25 - wouldn't pom poms be JUST as annoying for venue staff to clean up as confetti is?

• OMG #1 is definitely my idea of hell too. I HATED field day when I was a kid. I dreaded it so much and got so stressed out by it that my stomach would be upset all day. No no no no no.

I really like the ones you like too. #11 and #27 are super cute but totally impractical for alcoholic drinks. Most venues require a licensed bartender. I guess if it was a backyard party it would work though!

I also love the waffle bar idea. Now I want waffles.

#4 is a cute idea, but I feel bad for people who just wont have any advice and would be grasping for things to write.

LOVE #8!

I may do #8 and #15 actually....

#25 - wouldn't pom poms be JUST as annoying for venue staff to clean up as confetti is?

@thefanciestbecklerWhat do you think of 3?!

@CharmedPam Annoying clean up but so cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @Sherbie25 The jury's still out for me on that one too.... I'm leaning towards it being weird though. My grandma would not want to be a flower girl. I guess it would depend on the grandma's personality???

• I love:  
    #2 (song request), we've talked about doing that too actually.  
    #8 (runner), #13 (glitter dance floor), and 23  (popsicle shots)

#3 is cute for the right person.  I have a friend who is super close with her grandma and her H's.  They even came to her bachelorette for a little bit!  For her, that would have been awesome.  

#6 makes me mad, that's not a favor, it's a prop!.  And a lot of the food ones gross me out, especially the group banana split or whatever that was!

• monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2016
    The confetti bar is probably the dumbest one.  You want people to handle different types of glitter and confetti?  Congratulations, your venue will HATE you.

And the big shared banana split is pretty gross, haha.

A lot of them are cute though.  I wish we could have done the food truck for a late snack, although I definitely would've gotten ketchup on my wedding dress.  

SaveSave
  • #17, second picture of different colored BM dresses - those rank among the most hideous BM dresses I have ever seen!
  • edited April 2016
    #3 is actually really sweet. I'd do that if my grandmothers were healthier (maternal grandmother is in the throes of Alzheimer's; paternal grandmother has mobility issues). 

As for #24, we're putting butcher paper and crayons on all the tables.
  • The only thing I really liked was the anniversary pinata. FMIL pinned the sign from vodka on my wedding ideas board, I love the sentiment but pointless signs aren't my thing.
  • No to shared banana split.  That's just gross.  

• For the grandma-as-flower-girl thing, what kind of relationship the individuals involved have makes all the difference.

I hate hate hate the trend of infantilizing grandparents.  A former roommate used to do that and it drove me up the wall.  They are fucking grown-ass human beings--your parents' parents, not dolls or babies or puppies or some shit.  Don't show me a picture and tell me "doesn't she look so cute in her little apron."  Vomit.  I'm not a huge traditionalist, but have some modicum of respect for your elders.  I think 9 times out of 10 having grandma as a flower girl would read as a patronizing joke at her expense.  "HAHA, you're OLD and therefore equivalent to a child."  If there is a really strong, positive relationship there then I suppose it could be possible that it would be a kind and inclusive gesture.  But then why flower girl?  Why not a bridesmaid or a reader or something?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards