Wedding Party

Maid of Honor/Matron of Honor

Okay, so I have a matron of honor and a maid of honor both of whom I am really close to. Which one should be the closest by me and walk down with the best man? Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Maid of Honor/Matron of Honor

• edited April 2016
    If you can't decide, why not select alphabetically? I doubt your friends will actually read anything into the order they walk/stand in though, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Eta: Is the wedding back on?

• Thanks!

Yes, it is! We had a really good talk around New Years, and everything has been great since! He is even helping more with the wedding. We did decided to move it back, but I believe deciding that saved our marriage before it even began!
  • Thats great, congratulations. 

• I would have them mud-wrestle over the honor.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I also have a Matron of Honor and a Maid of Honor. The Matron is walking with the Best Man and the Maid is walking with a Groomsman. I'm not sure how I chose, that's just how I saw it in my head.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • adk19 said:
    Okay, so I have a matron of honor and a maid of honor both of whom I am really close to. Which one should be the closest by me and walk down with the best man? Any help would be appreciated!
    Alphabetical order by first name.  Alphabetical order by last name.  By height.  Is the best man single, if so, he should walk with the Maid of Honor, if he's married, he should walk with the Matron of Honor.  By who you've known longest.  By who can run the mile in a faster time.  By who traveled to get to your wedding from the furthest distance away.  In other words, it doesn't matter.
    Or if one of them is a clutz maybe you doing want her being the one to hold your bouquet. ;)
  • aurianna said:
    adk19 said:
    Alphabetical order by first name.  Alphabetical order by last name.  By height.  Is the best man single, if so, he should walk with the Maid of Honor, if he's married, he should walk with the Matron of Honor.  By who you've known longest.  By who can run the mile in a faster time.  By who traveled to get to your wedding from the furthest distance away.  In other words, it doesn't matter.
    Or if one of them is a clutz maybe you doing want her being the one to hold your bouquet. ;)
    Or you'd rather the klutz deal with the bouquet because it means she'll be farther away from the candles.  (Go ahead and drop the bouquet, but just don't catch yourself or my venue on fire!)
  • aurianna said:
    adk19 said:
    I think these are all great suggestions, even if they're said a bit in jest. I had three attendants and they walked in order known the longest. My close friend was fretting over her order and I suggested the same for her (8 attendants!) because it really did seem the most objective in her case. 
    I think having any objective logic is helpful so people don't feel ranked. It sounds so silly and petty, I know, but this is something that causes brides stress as they don't want to offend. 

• lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'd let them decide their walking order.
  • Thank yall for all the help! I love every suggestion! :smiley: 
  • Yeah, it doesn't really matter much.  I had matron & maid, and one other bm.  Order was decided 5-minutes before the wedding by our wedding coordinator that suggest matron go first, then maid, then bm, based on their height. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards