New Jersey
Options

Palace at Somerset Park

Hi! I have seen a few threads on the topic, but it seems that most people send a private inbox with the answer. But, I was hoping to find out if anyone has negotiated and what they negotiated with The Palace at Somerset Park. We have our heart set on this venue, however, we also don't want to miss out on an opportunity to save money or get enhancements or our ceremony included if others have had success doing so. Any advice would be so much appreciated!!

Also, I feel like they said they would deliver food/drinks to me and my bridal party while we were getting ready all day in the bridal suite. Was this included in the price of everything or did they charge extra for any items you had brought to the suite?

Re: Palace at Somerset Park

• Options
    I got married 3 weeks ago at The Palace, it was a dream venue.  As far as negotiating price, they do not really budge on their price.  However, if you are flexible with your dates then you can get a great price!  We did not care about when we got married, so we chose February 19th and our price was ridiculously low.  When people found out how much we paid per person (by people, I mean some immediate family members) they were in complete shock that we got so much and how gorgeous it was for such a low price!  They include so much and they do not like the exclude anything because it looks poorly on them.  For example, we asked to take out some cocktail hour stations to lower the price, but they wouldn't.  In the end it all worked out and it was gorgeous.  However, there may be some things you could negotiate.  Try negotiating the ceremony fee, if you are having your ceremony there, or try getting some upgraded stations thrown in.  You'll have better luck with that then the price which they will not budge on.  
    As for food in the bridal suite, there will be plenty.  We got to bridal suite at 2pm and there was some antipasta platters out (cheese, meats, crackers, and fruit)  Around 4PM they brought in some hot dishes to snack on (potstickers, calamari).  During cocktail hour they brought up a selection of the foods to the bridal suite as well so while we were waiting to be introduced into our reception we were able to snack on everything we missed during cocktail hour.  All of this was included in the price.  
    Also, if there is anything else you would like, just ask.  They are great at accommodating your needs, everything I asked for I received.  
    Good luck, and if you have any other questions, let me know!!!  
  • Options
    I am a Palace bride and in my experience they do not really budge on price. However, you can try to get some things thrown in/upgraded. Try getting an extra station or an upgraded one. Also, negotiate for additional seats at your tasting. As PP mentioned if you are flexible on dates, you can get a really good deal. We are planning a January wedding and paying half of the peak price. 

IMO, everything at the Palace is a perk. It includes so much more than other venues we visited for the same price point.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards