Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

What do you think of this bridesmaid dress from Macy's?

Re: What do you think of this bridesmaid dress from Macy's?

• Options
    I don't personally like to wear that kind of cut on the sleeves/neckline because I am big chested and have broad shoulders.
  • Options
    I agree with @ILoveBeachMusic. I also would be unsure about the waistline, it looks like it's somewhere between empire and natural, and I feel like my stomach might be emphasized more than I'm comfortable with. But if they can try it on, then they'd know for sure!

• Options
    JediElizabethJediElizabeth member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2016
    Agreed. I'm short and curvy, and I'd be scared to wear something like this, especially since the real neckline under the illusion is just a straight line. MAYBE if I tried it on it would work, but I'm about 90% sure I'd look boxy and/or have a uniboob in it.  
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    It's a pretty dress, but I wouldn't say it's flattering to everyone. Ask your bridesmaids what they think.

I'm curious how tall the model is. If you have any bridesmaids who are really tall, the dress will be much shorter on them.
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited April 2016
    Only available through size 16?  Do you have any plus sized bridesmaids?  This definitely wouldn't work for my 6' tall daughter, or for anyone with heavy upper arms.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    It is a pretty dress but I tried on something similar for a wedding I'm going to and it honestly looked horrible on me. It accentuated everything I hated on my body (not flat stomach, flabby arms etc). I think that most dresses look fine on the rack and really need to be tried on to appreciate. I really encourage you to think about picking a colour and letting your maids find a dress in that colour.
  • Options
    CMGragain said:
    Only available through size 16?  Do you have any plus sized bridesmaids?  This definitely wouldn't work for my 6' tall daughter, or for anyone with heavy upper arms.

Only available through a size 4-14 though...  Which can be a challenge to the girls at the bottom end of the sizing scale too.. 

OP - it's a pretty dress and only you know your BM frames and height - but remember to factor in bridal sizing and the size of your bridesmaids, which is a good private discussion to have with them along with their budget.  The dress will require a strapless so that's another $60 in the budget.  The chest/neckline area has only two ways to go - either they're going to look really awesome or not-so-much.  Talk to your girls privately and see what they think of that neckline..

• Options
    SP29SP29 member
    I think it's pretty but the waist line may not be flattering on all body types. It's kind of in the middle- is it empire or mid rise? Hard to tell. This dress may not look great on someone who has a large chest or someone with a short torso.

One of the ladies who was in my WP is quite well-endowed. I asked my BP to purchase a cocktail length dress in midnight blue. She asked me to go shopping with her and she tried on a bunch of styles. She had trouble with any of the dresses that had this sort of waist line (or any others that didn't have a defined waist)- the dresses basically merged her hips into her chest.

I think the biggest thing is that you need to let your WP try the dress on first. Or give them a colour and let them pick out their own dress.
  • Options
    It's a pretty dress, but it reads a little Homecoming to me.   Have any of your BM tried it on?  What do they think?  What do you like about the dress?  Maybe take the thing you like the most and find a more universally flattering dress that incorporates that one thing. 

I'm 5'3 size 12 with an olive complexion and a G cup.   I'd look like a washed out, uni boob, rolly Polly in that dress. 

• Options
    If that designer's line fits your bridesmaids budgets and sizes (as noted, they're somewhat limited), she has way better dresses than that to choose from. Because honestly, I usually love her dresses and find that one just 'meh.'
  • Options
    Cute but not necessarily flattering on all body types. For someone that is large chested, it may be hard for them to find a good strapless bra, at least an affordable one. And for a female who may have an apple shaped body, this might not be flattering either.
  • Options
    Too short for me, and my boobs say they don't like the neckline. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards