40-Plus Brides

bachelorette party for over 40

I want a bachelorette party and I am 42 (feel 30) the ages of the ladies attending will be between 30's and 50's. I am looking for ideas that can appeal to everyone but I would also like a night of dancing too!

Re: bachelorette party for over 40

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    Agree with the above.

If someone offers to throw you a B party, you may accept. You may provide the host with a guest list of who you would like to see invited (congruent with the host's budget). The host may ask you what kind of party you would like, or if there is anything you particularly do or do not want, but beyond that, you hand the reins over to them.

Age is not a factor here.
  • Ditto the advice above. 
    Now, assuming someone is going to throw you this party, what about a piano bar? Those seem to have a very wide range of ages attending and plenty of dancing. 

• Ditto the advice above. 
    Now, assuming someone is going to throw you this party, what about a piano bar? Those seem to have a very wide range of ages attending and plenty of dancing. 
    Those are a hoot! We went to one for SIL's bachelorette party, and I've gone other times for work functions.
  • I was 38 when I got married. We went to a spa for a few hours, then to Dick's Last Resort (where the waiters are rude if you're not familiar) for dinner, and then to a dueling piano bar, which is my favorite kind of bar.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I have a friend who started the day out at the spa, then we went to dinner & then to a bar for dancing. Different women joined in at different parts. For me I didn't have the budget for the spa so I joined in for dinner & then dancing. The bride's aunt who was basically her mom, joined them for spa & dinner. For mine we did a girls night in, everyone brought a bottle of wine & my bridal party provided snacks & we had a wine tasting & watched chick flicks. I wanted something low key as not everyone in my bridal party was into bars & dancing. I went to another party where it was a make your own sundae party. I know, the last two aren't anything big and crazy, but sometimes it's nice to just have a quiet evening in with your girlfriends who you don't get to see as much as you like & catch up.
  • I'm 40 and my friends ranged from 28-45 at my bachelorette.  We went to dinner and then to a club for dancing.  Some of the women did not come to the dancing portion...they missed out.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LD1970LD1970 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
    I got married at 38.  My friends took me to dinner at a burlesque club, where we saw the show, then went clubbing around NYC.

I'm 46, and still go dancing fairly frequently at the same clubs I went to in my 20s.  Last night, I was out 'til 3 a.m. headbanging at a rock karaoke bar.

Age doesn't mean a damned thing.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
  • LD1970 said:
    I got married at 38.  My friends took me to dinner at a burlesque club, where we saw the show, then went clubbing around NYC.

I'm 46, and still go dancing fairly frequently at the same clubs I went to in my 20s.  Last night, I was out 'til 3 a.m. headbanging at a rock karaoke bar.

Age doesn't mean a damned thing.
    That sounds like a fun bachelorette party!
  • I plan to throw one myself, but it won't be a bachelorette party in the traditional sense. I just want to treat my girlfriends to a night out -- spa, dinner, drinks, maybe dancing. This time around I don't want anyone to spend money on me and want to treat and thank everyone for being a wonderful part of my life.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards