Wedding Woes
Options

Um...wow.

Dear Prudence,

I recently caught my fiancé and his sister together and broke up with him. I’d always gotten a strange feeling about their closeness, but I didn’t believe it until I saw with my own eyes. To my family and friends, it seems like I woke up one morning and decided not to get married. Everyone is pushing me to work things out with my fiancé. Initially, I wanted to keep what I saw between them and me. If I tell people they have an incestuous relationship, it would probably destroy their lives. I know they’re barely functioning and terrified I will tell people about them. I’m worried I will seem spiteful if I tell even a few trusted loved ones the real reason I called off the wedding. At the same time, I’m heartbroken too and don’t know how much longer I can handle lectures about “letting a good man get away.” Should I stay quiet or speak up?

—Too Close for Comfort

Re: Um...wow.

• Options
    Holy shitballs.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My first thought was therapist stat, but the cheating line is perfect.
  • Options
    I read that initially as FI was with LW's sister and was like why in the world would the family be pushing her back to him.

Is it bad I kind of want to know how the FI tried to explain this?
  • Options
    *crickets chirping* Wowzers. 

Therapist for sure. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Holy crap, some people have such dramatic lives. This is the kind of shit you don't want to happen to yourself or anyone close.....but maybe an aquaintance of some sort so that you can watch the drama from afar. 

• Options
    *Barbie* said:
    A simple "he cheated on me and I won't discuss the details" will both let people know and cause a stir. They will want to know more, but hold your ground. And maybe see a counselor as I couldn't keep this to myself and would have to talk to somebody about it.
    That was essentially my thought. "He's a cheating asshole, and I have no desire to marry someone like that." *drops mic, walks away*

she doesn't need to tell people that he thinks he's Jamie Lannister.
    I was just going to ask if she was marrying into the Lannister family.
  • Options

Even if the sister was adopted - yea - no - "He's a cheater, I caught him, that's all I have to say about that!" is more than sufficient as the PP stated!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards