Georgia-Atlanta

Looking for a Reception Venue!

Hi there! My fiancé and I are hoping to get married in the fall of 2015. We are planning on having the ceremony at our church in Dunwoody. We are trying to keep the reception venue within a 25-minute drive (at the most). We would also like to book a venue that will allow us to bring in our own food & drinks to save on costs. We have a guest list of 300 people so we are trying to save money wherever we can... We have been looking primarily in the Roswell & Marietta areas but are open to other areas as well. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Re: Looking for a Reception Venue!

• How about the Chattahoochee Nature Preserve? I don't think they have a specific caterer that you are required to use. I don't know if they can accommodate 300 people though. Any way you can reduce your guest list? 300 people is A LOT and you are definitely pretty limited on venues with that much space...especially on ones within 30 minutes of Dunwoody (don't forget traffic) that allow any caterer/BYOB.

Does your church have a reception hall you can use?

• Check out Heritage Sandy Springs. I don't recall the exact pricing or capacity, but it's nearby.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• The American Legion Post 160 in Smyrna, GA has a reception hall that is reasonably priced and I'm pretty sure that you can bring your own food and drinks.
  • My fiancé and I looked at Roswell Historic cottage.
  • I am looking for the same thing! about 300 guests and I prefer outside catering and BYOB. anywhere around the atlanta area. Willing to drive about 30 mins outside atlanta.
  • What did you all find? I am in the same boat currently. I am not originally from this area so it has been pretty difficult for me to get good ideas. 
    Olivia Rowland
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards