Wedding Etiquette Forum

Reliving a past bridesmaid experience

Hi All!  I've been married now for almost two years, and used this site for my wedding, mostly lurking, and used it for great advice, and still enjoy reading the threads - mainly for entertainment value.

Anyways, got to thinking about my past experiences in weddings, and had to share about a time I was a bridesmaid several years ago.

This bride was very particular about every aspect of the day, including what I and the other bridesmaids wore.  She was very short (not even 5'), and insisted that me and the other bridesmaids wear flats, or at the most, kitten heels.  She also wanted to "approve" our shoes before we bought them.  One of the other BM's bought one of the "pre-approved" pair of shoes, but didn't talk to the bride in advance, and then she was mad.  Almost that they had too much of a heel.

She also wanted to approve of our nails, because she wanted them to be different than hers.  I'm pretty sure I told her, if I get a French manicure, that is not going to compete with your nails, they will just blend in.

Oh...and almost forgot.  She was getting married in Mexico, but of course, since there are all sorts of hoops to jump through to actually get married in Mexico, they went to the JP a few days before leaving for Mexico.  I knew about it...I'm not sure how many other people knew it was not the "legal" ceremony in Mexico.  But of course, they count the date in Mexico as their anniversary.

For her bridal shower, the MOH bought thank you cards and gave to the bride as just a nice gesture for to use.  (She is good at sending Thank you's out..so it was not a knock on her there).    Funny thing though - a couple years later, same MOH hosted the baby shower for the same bride, this time not buying her Thank you cards, and the bride actually complained that she did not provide the thank you's b because that was the duty of the HOST!

We have since drifted apart, not because of the above situations, just life has taken us in separate directions.  But it is still crazy to me to see some people's thought process.

Re: Reliving a past bridesmaid experience

• That is so ridiculous. I just don't understand people who get so crazy over their wedding. The last thing on my mind was my bridesmaid's nails! Really makes you wonder about the thought process for some people.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    That is so ridiculous. I just don't understand people who get so crazy over their wedding. The last thing on my mind was my bridesmaid's nails! Really makes you wonder about the thought process for some people.
    I'm thinking the same thing. It never once crossed my mind that I needed to worry about my brides maid's nails. Some people must secretly enjoy the stress they put on themselves worrying over every little detail like that. Do they picture that someone will actually glance at all their nails and notice first of all? And second where did they think up in their heads that it's even a "thing" for the bride to have different nails than the maids?

It is interesting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards