Chit Chat
Options

PPD on Big Bang

Yup.  The season cliff hanger has Penney and Leonard planning a PPD to please Leonard's mother.  Penney is all for it, of course.  She is the ultimate self centered, entitled girl.
Looking forward to the new season.
httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

Re: PPD on Big Bang

• Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I saw that too, although I don't just blame Penny they all seem to be for it, even Leonard. I did find it funny that it seems like it is a last minute "let's do it this weekend" yet their family is all able to fly in with a moment's notice
  • Options

I haven't seen it yet (DVR) but I knew it was going in that direction.

When you elope, you have to own it!!!

• Options
    At least they aren't lying to people about already being married. They have the intent to keep it just immediate family & best friends (well, Sheldon doesn't seem to agree with the invite list).  And Penny did say that it was going to be informal without all the big wedding trappings (no bridesmaids). So, it's not as bad as it could have been (although it is still a PPD).  I agree that if you choose to elope, you chose to omit family from that event and you should just own up to it.  But, if they really do keep it low key, with just family, without trying to redo a full wedding, I'm not too upset by it. But, we will have to wait and see if it gets blown up into a bigger affair.

• Options
    Blech, Penny. I love catching etiquette blunders on TV/movies (an old thread I started in SB had a whole bunch of them). 

I really didn't understand the whole Penny/Leonard elopement. It felt forced, rushed, and heavily hinted that it was a bad decision. They were fighting right before because of something Leonard had done, but they basically decided to get married because they were already in Vegas and didn't want their spontaneous idea to go to waste. But they're still fighting after their wedding. And then Penny couldn't even make up her own vows and quoted Toy Story, and later reveals that she doesn't tell her family until well after the wedding.

And I don't understand their living situation at all.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

peachy13 said:

And I don't understand their living situation at all.
    that always gets me too. I know it is to appease quirky Sheldon, and just for the oddity of the show, but yea is so random.
  • Options
    WHoohooo i can comment now lol
  • Options

I caught that, too, on the episode and rolled my eyes.  I love the show, but I don't understand why PPDs are such a thing on it.  Although it (thankfully) hasn't happened, at least not yet, but when Bernadette and Howard got married at the last minute because he was going to space...Bernadette talked about how they'd have their "big" wedding about six months after he got back.  I cringed.

I also didn't like the way they handled Leonard and Penny's elopement.  Heck, they blew it, they could have had commercials for weeks talking about their upcoming wedding.  It would have been a ratings topper.  Instead, it came off as weird and random.

And, yeah, it's super weird Leonard is still living with Sheldon.  Nobody does that just because their friend would be "sad and uncomfortable". 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

I also didn't like the way they handled Leonard and Penny's elopement.  Heck, they blew it, they could have had commercials for weeks talking about their upcoming wedding.  It would have been a ratings topper.  Instead, it came off as weird and random.

And, yeah, it's super weird Leonard is still living with Sheldon.  Nobody does that just because their friend would be "sad and uncomfortable". 

To the first paragraph: So true! I could have been a HUGE TV event for the show. But nope.

To the second paragraph: It is weird. I assume it is more to do with the fact that it would throw the show off kilter if Leonard and Penny moved into together. So much of the show is based on the characters of Leonard and Sheldon and their relationship. I try not to think too hard about it.
  • Options
    SP29 said:

To the first paragraph: So true! I could have been a HUGE TV event for the show. But nope.

To the second paragraph: It is weird. I assume it is more to do with the fact that it would throw the show off kilter if Leonard and Penny moved into together. So much of the show is based on the characters of Leonard and Sheldon and their relationship. I try not to think too hard about it.

Probably the best stance!  I do have to "suspend" reality a lot when watching movies and tv shows.

And, ironically, probably have to suspend it the most for REALITY tv shows, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards